Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Awake the Fae (copyrighted) has Awoken My Faith!

I was overwhelmed again today. Having had two days away from the pc, my first point of call of course was to check up on all of the blogs I read. When I got to Awake The Fae - Aly's site I nearly blubbed. I sent her a poem I had recently written, specifically for the Fae site. Never expecting it to be good enough to be featured. But there is my name amongst the list of participants. Click on my name and it will take you to my poem, and the most beautiful description of me and my blog! Along with an amazing song that "is me" all over.

Thank you Aly! There could be more to come.

As I mentioned I have been a busy bee the last two days. Let's start with Wednesday. The appointment with my gastro Dr L went well. He was literally gobsmacked at my improvement, and that was before checking my wounds and scars. I think anyone who saw me six months ago, and see's me now....will see a huge difference, and it's not only the hair braiding! He checked the wounds and scars and almost jumped up and down with glee bless him. He did say that he thought that this was going to go on for years.....my reply was it's already been two and a half years!!! He admitted he didn't think I was going to be an easy case to treat. Thanks for making me feel better about myself! Not.

Anyway, Mum and I were glad to leave at least one Dr happy for once and headed into town. The agreement was that Sis In Law (SIL) was going to be in town, and we would ring or text her to meet up for lunch. We headed into the new Primark, got up to the third floor, and there she was!! She instantly told us about one brilliant bargain, and we parted ways expecting still to text to meet up. Wherever we went we saw her! By the socks, by the clothes.....everywhere. Eventually, after Mum and I having decided on our purchases we headed off to Mcdonalds with SIL close behind.

We had decided not to buy our things until just before we got on the bus, to save dragging everything around town with us. Clever idea! Macdonalds was had, along with a good chat with SIL. My Mum thinks the world of her, but shhhhhh, she doesn't know it! She admires her sense of humour, and her honesty. We ate, and swapped various stories, and headed off towards the market. I picked up my 40 free photo's, and we popped into a brilliant bargain shop. SIL was engrossed so Mum and I headed off to the market. We said we would meet her there. We hunted round and eventually found the stall we were looking for. The hair stall that sold hugely sized bulldog clips for hair. SIL had given me one, so I needed to replace that for her, and get myself another one as well. We instructed the lady on the stall that if (Insert certain description and accent and name here) came along, she wasn't to sell her bulldog clips as we had already got them!

We wandered back through town, and decided to go for a drink before our mass purchase in Primark. We popped to the pub and had a soft drink and used their facilities. Whilst I was "using" the said facilities SIL rang on my mobile. I called to my Mum in a panicked voice and slid my phone (the pink one) under the door and asked her to answer it! It was SIL and we had a laugh that she had called at such an inconvenient time! LOL. P.s. Makes mental note she did exactly the same thing last night!!!

ANyway, we declined her very kind offer of a walk home, as we really wanted to have a more thorough mooch around the shop, and ensure we couldn't find the slipper socks that Sis In Law M had on the other night.

I bought loads, and Mum just a couple of things, we headed home on the bus, had a coffee with Dad, and I drove home.

I expected to be exhausted after nearly four hours in town, but I had a quick cold drink and headed straight out to collect my Avon books. There is another lady on "my patch", somehow we have crossed over, so I wanted to get my books in before she "borrowed" them. When I got to her house I did leave a very apologetic note, saying I didn't know anyone was covering the road, which I didn't, and giving my number in case she wanted any help with anything. I didn't mention that she had collected in three of my books! But I didn't mind as I got two rather large orders to add to the previous one on that road anyway. Nuh nuh ne nuh nuh. She should have written more than just her name on her forms. Customers need a phone number and address, firstly to contact you, and probably more importantly, to know you are trustworthy and actually live nearby!

I got home, hubby got home, we had dinner and snuggled on the sofa. A lovely end to a lovely day. Oh, I did show him my purchases, all loads of them! and I want this in writing that he actually said "you didn't spend a lot"!!!

Thursday, up again at 7am, bath, breakfast and off to Mum and Dad's for hospital appointment two with surgeon Mr R.

Amazing how the day before, in the same clinic, they had my current notes. Thursday, they had volume two and not volume three!! d'oh. It's a good job Mr R knows me better than any of the others :)

His first comment was "Thanks for the postcard, thanks for rubbing it in". He was just jealous that I was abroad and he wasn't. He checked the wounds, and said everything looked brilliant. Mum asked him why he was wearing his white coat, as he doesn't normally wear one. He said it was because he wanted to play Dr's and Nurses, but none of the nurses would play with him! He makes me laugh.

I told him I was going back to work next week, he took off his glasses and asked if that was wise. Paniccccc! He then looked at me then my Mum, and said that at my age I shouldnt have to think about working.....couldn't I send my Mum instead!! The three of us were in fits of laughter.

Although the gastro Dr L wants to see me in six months, Mr R will see me in three. He always keeps a better eye on me as he knows my recent history. He also reiterated if I need him in the meantime just to call his secretary and he will see me. After all I'm his nightmare patient ;)

We left him laughing and headed back to Mum and Dad's. Picked up my car, and had a nightmare journey home. What would normally take five minutes took twenty. We tried three ways of getting to my street, all of which were blocked off due to re tarmacking (sp). Finally on the fourth attempt we got there. It's a good job I know my way round my area!

Mum ironed, while I dusted, vacuumed (with the dying vacuum cleaner) and cleaned bathrooms. We had a coffee and a chat, and then finished off the floors and the upstairs. Dad came to collect Mum, and we had pre warned him of which route to take. I went for my flu jab, and headed home. Normally after two early starts and two hectic days I would have crawled into bed, or onto the sofa for a well deserved rest. But no, I was bored. So I wrote out some more forms and headed off delivering more Avon books. I tried two roads, both of which already had a rep, so I collected those books back in. Tried another road, and was adivsed by a lovely woman that no one had covered this road yet, she thought. So off I went from door to door getting as many brochures out as possible.Yes it may seem tedious, but I really enjoy it!

Got home and dutifully peeled the potatoes for dinner, sat and listened to some music and waited for hubby to come home. We had dinner, SIL rang, again whilst I was in the ladies room, hubby talked to her then passed the phone over. I nealry feel for another of her jokes.....that a certain brother in law had decided he had jumped over a certain fence!

As always we had a laugh, then hubby and I decided to watch a new tv show, both of us promptly dozed off on the sofa. He went up to bed, me, having gained my second wind stayed up til one am! I slept like a baby, and yes I got up late today.

I have to be up early tomorrow, a certain niece is having her ears pierced. Then we are out for dinner with Chinese buddy and her hubby. Then I have two more lie ins, and days to myself before I start work!

What a long post today......well there was two days to catch up on LOL

I'll love you and leave you. Have a good weekend all :)

Hugs a plenty.

Whisky

xxxxxxxxx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home