Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Introducing My New Pet Pig......Jack Daniels!

Yes, I have another new pet. He's a pig, called Jack Daniels, and he lives on this blog! Please scroll down slightly to see him, if you can't already, and feel free to click the more button and either feed him apples, or spray him with water to help me keep him clean. :)

Yesterday (Sunday) was a bit of a blur. Yes, I got up an hour later than I should have, but I soon ate my breakfast, had a quick flick through the papers, read a few blogs on here, and then set off, Tom Tom in the car, to my "audition" with a band.

I arrived just after three, thinking that the rehearsal was at three. I was then advised by the building manager that it was at four! So, I sat in the car listening of course to Robbie, and settled in until the guys arrived. Sure enough at just after four I went back into the building and was greeted by "spanner" the drummer, A, who plays, bas guitar, lead guitar and keyboards, and S who plays lead and bass guitar. They are looking for a lead guitarist so A can play keyboards, and a male or female lead vocalist. There was another young girl there who was practicing for a charity "jam". She has been sponsored to do five songs. The guys were just giving her a bit of an idea of how it was to sing with a band. It's not the same as singing along to a stereo cd, and certainly not like singing karaoke. There's the noise of the drums to contend with, plus the guitars, and you can hardly hear yourself. But for her first go she did brilliantly, and has a really sweet voice.

Then I was called up! Panic.....we went through six or seven songs, including, tracks of my tears, She's the one (Robbieeeeee!), It's a Heartache, and a song I love but I can't remember the name of. It went well, or I thought it did.....I finally got home at 9pm!!

Hubby and I had dinner, and chatted briefly about the band, he went up to bed, and I settled down to watch pre recorded X men 2, and Peter Kay's interview on the Parkinson Show. I finally crawled up to bed at about 1am, but felt pleasantly tired.

I knew today (Monday) would be my last lie in before work TOMORROW!!!!! So I set the alarm clock, then completely ignored it. I got up late, and was sat reading the paper when Little Miss Pink rang....we had a lovely, yes no chat, then Sis In Law asked me how yesterday had gone.

At the weekend hubby had bought me a pretzel cake to have as breakfast one morning. I tried it this morning, and decided it wasn't sweet as we thought, it was salty!! So I then had to do toasted tea cakes instead. They were scrummy.

So, today I've tidied up the blog a little bit more, added Jack Daniels the pig, and a few more links for blogs I read. I have to have a bath and be ready at a certain time to give hubby a lift to pick his car up from the garage, then dinner, then chill for an hour or two, then bed.

Knowing I have to be up earlyish tomorrow, and knowing I am returning to work, what's the betting I don't sleep well. I'll either sleep like a baby and surpirise myself, or I'll not sleep a wink and be exhausted tomorrow.

If the welcome is as warm as it was at my meeting I will be fine. Hope fully they will break me in gently by showing me any alterations on the internal ordering system, showing me how the new headsets work, and any product changes. As well as introducing me to my new fellow team members.

I'm scared!

Oh well......I'm nearly at the top of the ladder, after a long climb, and a lot of pain, I've made it back to work, even if it is only part time.

If I need a friendly push I know there's a few people who will help me out :)

Hey......dont forget to send me some more questions!!!! Please. Sandra, Divemuster, Madwag, Holli, Aly, even Sis In Law. Come one......lets get this one rolling :)

Hugs and love to all

Whisky

xxxxxxx

6 Comments:

At Nov 13, 2006, 8:56:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck for tomorrow- but I know it will go well...they will be glad to get some sort of madness back into the office, I will talk to you soon

"BIG HUG"

SIL

 
At Nov 13, 2006, 8:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

or question:
Have you ever had to revise your usual inital "assesment" of a person?

 
At Nov 14, 2006, 5:45:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Wishing you the BEST OF LUCK tomorrow!!!!! You are going to do GREAT!!! Keep climbing...you are doing great!!!! Love Jack Daniels...he is sooo CUTE!!!! I'm not sure what kind of questions you want but I will try to come up with one for you ; ). Always a treat to visit with you!!!!!

Take care my friend!!!!

Oodles of hugs go out to ya from Texas!!!!!!!!

Countrygirl

 
At Nov 14, 2006, 6:03:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

How about...

How does it make you feel when you receive HUGS from all around the world?? If the letters in HUGS could stand for something, what would they stand for in Whisky's words?? Answer these questions...

H is for.....?

U is for...?

G is for...?

S is for...?

Hi Whisky!! I don't know if this is okay? Let me know if you'd like for me to come up with something else.... ; )

Oodles of HUGS going out to you from Texas!

Countrygirl

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 
At Nov 14, 2006, 8:19:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

Good luck - I'm sure you will be great! How could anyone not absolutely love you???

Going down to the question section!

 
At Nov 16, 2006, 12:02:00 AM , Blogger Maddy said...

I was led to your site as we have something in common! 'Whitter'
Best wishes
http://whitterer-autism.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home