Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Thursday, November 16, 2006

It Put's Life Into Perspective

Recently a member of my blogging family lost a member of his family. A treasured feline companion. She left him and his wife, and other pets suddenly, and unexpectedly. She will be missed, and pictures of her, both drawn and photographed by the fire, will be treasured forerver, along with all the memories she brought into this world with her. Any pet, not matter how big or small, can make such an imprint on someones life. A footprint that never fades.

Within the last couple of days another member of my blogging family has been advised that his feline friend is also very very ill. He is taking a break from blogging to look after his friend full time. With eyesight and hindlegs failed, this will be a turbulent time for him, no matter what the outcome.

Two of my closest online friends going through such turmoil puts everything into perspective. Nothing can be said to ease the pain, but sometimes, just knowing other people are thinking of them can ease it just a little.

My friends, I am here for you, just a blog or an e mail away.

I know what it is like to lose an animal companion. I know the heartache, the pain, I know how many tears we cry, and how the space where they sit, now empty, wrenches deep into our souls.

Please, join me in wishing these individuals and their feline friends, both peace and comfort in their time of need.

All of my tears today will be for you.

Hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Nov 17, 2006, 12:22:00 AM , Blogger Pres said...

Thank you Whisky...
Lovely words that comfort...
Thanks so much.


-Pickle

 
At Nov 17, 2006, 4:02:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I can relate...
I have two cats, I love them both very much - I lost a kitty I grew up with a few years ago and I really miss her.
Chin up - they'll be with you in spirit.

----Aly

 
At Nov 17, 2006, 6:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so kind... poor Mogwai and Moggie... that hurts even tho they are on the other side of the planet. I am naming the kitten that we rescued last week Mogwai in the spirit of her... it fits so well. I feel so empty when one of my pet members of my family die or are very ill... it is never easy

 
At Nov 19, 2006, 5:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Whisky...
Love your blog!

 
At Nov 19, 2006, 5:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog!

 
At Nov 20, 2006, 6:22:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Hugs and prayers going out to Moggie and Andy from Texas!!!

Hugs galore!!!!!!!

Sandra

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home