Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Self Portrait Challenge Or Not? An One Mushy Whisky

Holli introduced me to a wonderful site.Self Portrait Challenge It is basically what it is called. Each month they have a different subject, and people submit pictures, on their blogs, as part of the challenge. Holli has submitted some amazing pictures, my favourites being for the "glam" month, for which she submitted some of her beautiful wedding pictures....one of which made me cry!

I'd love to submit, and even had an really old photograph that would apply to the "red" theme. My dilemma? Should I join and submit, or will Holli think I am copying her everymove. After all, not long after her mouse escapade, I now have one of my own. After her review at the dreaded IT2M I was a dumb ass and sent mine in for review too. Or is it just that friends are opening my eyes to new things on the web?

I'll have to have a think about this one.

The last few days have, yet again, been completely manic. Hubby and I said our goodnights, I love you's, I will miss you's and goodbyes on Sunday. He rings me every night, but it's not the same as having him sat here on the sofa next to me, available for a snuggle at any given point. But....and it's a joyous but, he is so much happier in this job, so much more "himself". His previous work meant that he was leaving the house at six thirty am, and returning exhausted at between 8 and 9 pm. He would then eat dinner, and go on his lap top as he had "some more work to do". Weekends were spent exhausted and doing yet more work. I did even wonder at one point if there was "someone else". But I soon realised that he was too darned busy for me, never mind another woman!

Even my parents commented that they didn'y come round at the weekends because hubby didn't seem pleased to see them, they felt as if they were intruding.

The change when he started his new job was almost immediate. Yes there were the first few days of apprehension, was it the right thing to do, could he cope with the transission, was he good enough for the job. The answer to all of those was yes.

He now laughs again, he talks again, he relaxes in the evenings and at weekends. Our holiday in Mallorca was amazing. He was able to totally forget about work, which he had never done before, and completely immerse himself in "being on holiday". To see him wandering down the beach without a care in the world to go for a swim warmed my heart.

Now at the weekends, he gardens, does some DIY, tidies his things around the house, visits family and friends, and sits and reads his financial pages. Once more he is himself......so, if he is away every weeknight now until June or July I don't mind. He is happy and that's whats important.

I digress.....so he left on Monday morning. I got up, walked Sammy, of course read up on e mails and blogs online. I even worked out how to work the On Demand function on the NTL tv to watch past episodes of Torchwood as I adore it. Especially John Barrowman the lead man who plays Captain Jack Harkness.....but that's another story.

After taking Sam for his late night walk I went up to bed, said I love you to the pictures of hubby on my bedside table and slept until the alarm clock went off.

Up early as Sis In Law and Little Miss Pink were coming to collect something from my Mum. Off to my Mum's, back to mine, coffee, off to work. I had my meeting to review my hours, and yes, I am increasing them after only one month!! I'm now going to be working Tuesday 12.30-4.30 Wednesday 12.30-4.00 and Thursday 12.30-4.30. This is the maximum I can work and still claim my disability benefits. But....the next step will be to ditch the benefits and maybe increase one day at a time to be a full one :)

Work, especially Boss S,(Who i really must think of a nickname for) have ben absolutely brilliant.They are adamant that I don'y overdo things....and watch over me like hawks to ensure this. But it's nice to know I am looked after at work.

I got home from work, gave Sammy his last walk with me, and waited for his Mommy and Daddy (V and A) to arrive to collect him. He went loopy bless him, he was sooo excited to see them. They gave me two lovely gifts from Thailand...which they know they don't have to do! Off they went and I was alone again.

I decided that rather that sit on the sofa just watching tv I would do a few "jobs".

So I wrapped Little Miss Purple's birthday gift. Tallied up my Avon payments to go to the post office today along with my returns parcel. Cleaned out Snoopy the birds cage, put on some more washing, washed up, had dinner, and then vacuumed the whole of the downstairs. I love Sam to bits....but I kept getting doggy fur stuck to my slipper socks!

Finally exhausted I sat down. One quick check online for the Avon money and a poem suddenly came into my head.

Just a little note to say,
That I miss you more each day,
And when it comes at last Friday
I'll hold you in my arms and say......

I love you more and more each day.

___________________________________________________________

I sent this via e mail to hubby, but no reply as yet LOL.

I also sent it to C....as she and her partner P are due to come see us soon. Then I woke up this morning and it hadn't sent it.....so C, this version is for you.

Just a little note to say,
That I miss you more each day,
And when it comes that Saturday
I'll hold you in my arms and say......

Our friendship grows stronger every day.

Mushy Whisky or what!!

But that poem isn't just for C. It's for ALL of my friends. CCF, Navie Wifey, College Buddy, V, Chinese Buddy, and I know she'll hate this, but SIL to me you are a friend not just a relative (sticks tongue out). And of course my online friends. Holli, Aly, Moggie, Pickle, Ladyhawk, Divemuster, J in Scotland, Madwag, Sandra, and Tanya...P and C, Pingu, and A......and anyone I may have omitted, not on purpose.


It's Wednesday......but most importantly it's someone's Birthday today!!!!!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Little Miss Purple........HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Lots of love and Hugs

Whisky

xxxxxxxxx

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home