Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Little Angels On New Years Eve

Way back in November I agreed to having my two little nieces stay with us on New Years Eve. Ever since then I was nervous and excited. The last time anyone stayed with me that was a child was my nephew and niece. They are now 22 and 19 respectively. That shows how long ago it was, they were 7 and 4 at the time. Snap!! The same ages as Little Miss Pink and Little Miss Purple.

Chocolate spread, raspberry jam, Marmite and jacket potatoes in stock, and in they came.

Sis In Law said her goodbyes and went off for some well deserved time alone. Then the fun began.

Sleeping arrangements were sorted. No one was willing to sleep in my "scary" bedroom. I collected masks when I was younger due to going to drama college. I have a beautiful set of masks on our bedroom all. Well I think they are beautiful. But the girls thought they were scary. So, that bedroom door had to be shut, and that was where hubby was to sleep.

It was decided that the three girlies (including me) would have a sleep over in our big spare bedroom. We have a single mattress and a double mattress on the floor. The girls decided this was their idea of heaven, and promptly agreed on who was sleeping on which side and with which teddy.

Back downstairs and we played and had fun. Drawing, singing, dancing, talking, nintendogs, played Frustration and Hungry Hippo's watched some tv. Had dinner, sang and danced some more. Then it was bedtime. Me me milk and cereal had we all trooped up to bed.

I left the girls to have a talk and settle themselves down, listening to the baby monitor and their conversations.

After three callings for me, hubby went upstairs, and finally managed to get them, and himself! to sleep.

Finally we welcomed in the new year, big hugs watching the fireworks, and decided this year was going to be a good year.

I went up to bed at 1.30. 3am Little Miss Pink had pains in her leg (cramp), and we were awake until 5am with me me milk and snuggles. Back in with her sister all was peaceful. 8.30am and everyone was up. Breakfast, singing, dancing, drawing, dressing up, more frustration game and hungry hippo's and nintendogs.

Sis In Law and Mr Bleach arrived and we had a lovely dinner which hubby had been preparing all morning bless him. They left for their journey home, and hubby and I slumped on the sofa. It wasn't long before he went upstairs for a rest and I set to work on the kitchen, in between watching The Wind In The Willows.

Hubby back up, and me watching the final two episodes of the current series of Torchwood. After the last episode I wandered back into hubby in tears. I won't give the plot away to anyone who has yet to see it.....but I thought Captain Jack was gone for good!!!!!!

Bed, and up early yesterday for work. It went well, fairly quiet, but now I'm sat with the rest of the team it was fun. Home, and I had a phone call.

I'll leave it at that for now. Just a phone call.

Hubby rang and we talked about the days happenings, him at work, me at work and at home. It was a music night for me, digging through old cd's and tapes, could it be anything to do with the phonecall?? I wonder.

I went up to bed at 11pm, back down at 1.30 and finally dozed off about 2am.

This morning has been spent catching up on other friends blogs, e mails and listening to more music for some reason. One particular song over and over, I wonder why?

SO here I am, adamant I will keep my secret. Sis In Law has been sworn to secrecy, as had my Mum and hubby. I don't want to jinx anything. 2007 could see me writing my book, or it could see me just working. Or.....

So with John Barrowman singing to me on the cd, and work ahead, I'd better go and get ready for work.

I may blog later, I may not blog until tomorrow. I have a lot of preparation to do.

SIL????? What the **** do I wear?

Hugs from me

Whisky

xxxxx

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Jan 3, 2007, 3:15:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about the pink cowgirl hat ??

SIL

 
At Jan 3, 2007, 5:30:00 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Sounds like you had a super grand ol' time with your neices!! Slumber parties with the neices are always so much fun! ; ) My neices only live about 3 1/2 hrs. away from me. They live in San Antonio but I hardly ever get to see them much less have them stay over. ; ( They grew up way too fast! They are now 15 and 18 years old. My fifteen year old neice got to come back with us and stay with us for a while. We had the greatest time!!!! She played and played with my kids who are ages 2 and 6. Over the holidays I have been able to spend some much needed time with my family. I got to spend time with my family Dec. 22-Jan.1. It was wonderful! I still have a wee bit of vacation left with my kids but my visits with my family are over for now. : ( Back to feeling lonesome again. I feel bad for my kids because they should be spending alot more time with their cousins but it's just not always possible..I'll have to figure out a way to solve this problem. ; ) Anyway, thanks for sharing!!

Radiant HUGS to ya!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya!!,

Countrygirl

XXXXXXXXXX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home