Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, December 24, 2006

I'm Dreaming Of A Pink Christmas

Holli's most recent post just about sums up exactly how Christmas should be. It should be all about the giving and not the receiving. SHaring, not being selfish. Thinking about others first, not yourself. Well said Holli, now all we need over here is a Target store!! We have the Starbuck's.....so we're getting there ;)

I had the funniest conversations with my Mum yesterday. Both her and Dad, and hubby and I have ordered a product. It's called Polycool. Basically, if you have a polyprop roof in your extensions/conservatory, (the sort of roog made of clear grooved plastic rather than glass) you can insert this into the grooves. It reflects the heat of the sun away from the roof in the summer, therefore keeping cooler. And in the winter it reflects the heat from within the room back into the room, therefore keeping it warmer.

Anyway, hubby was fitting our yesterday....he's just finished it today. I rang my Mum for another reason, and was telling her "how hubby had a long yellow thing, how he lubricated the hole first, punched a hole in the end, inserted the yellow pole in the hole, which could be a bit of a tight fit, then how he pulled it back out again quite easily". My Mum was in fits of laughter at the other end of the phone, and she knew what I was talking about. She said I should have chosen my words a bit more carefully! She also told me that if hubby was a) having to use lubricant, b) having to punch a hole in the end and c) it was yellow, he needed to get himself to the doctors quickly!

My Mum has such a dirty mind Tutt Tutt. But then again so do I. There we were laughing away, and all the time hubby is looking at me from outside wondering what I'm laughing at. He then picked up his tin of lubricant and waved it at me grinning. He had guessed! What a laugh!

We did notice last night how well it reflects the light back into the room from the one light fitting we have in there. But today, now it's finished, because it's such a grim grey day outside the roo looks quite dark.

Hopefully tonight we will feel the benefit of the heat, and in the summer we will be cooler :)

As it was the final of "Strictly come dancing" last night I dared hubby to ring Sis In Law, knowing that she would refuse to answer the phone and that Mr Bleach would have to answer it. They had a bit of a chat, and hubby told me that SIL would call back after it had finished.

Sure enough the phone rang. What I didn't realise was, that hubby and Mr Bleach had plotted together. They had told SIL that it was her Mum in Germany that had called. So, she was all set to ring her Mum at what would have been 11.15pm over there, and probably wake her up in the process. Luckily SIL realised that Mr Bleach was speaking English, which her Mum may not have understood, and checked the answer machine as it had recorded the start of the conversation. Thankfully she rang us and not her Mum. I've promised to call her on Christmas day, I won't disclose why.....but it might be a helpful phone call ;)

So here I am, excited about tomorrow being Christmas Day. Excited that my parents will be here for dinner, and staying the night. Knowing that we will have fun, and of course stand up and solute the Queen during her speech (not!).

So today, it will be peeling sprouts, preparing cauliflower cheese, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, swede etc. That reminds me I must defrost the prawns too!!

For the first time in many years I have wrapped most of the Christmas presents. Of course the girls presents have to be pink. So I thought I'd share.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Pink and Purple presents for Mum and Dad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting close up of one pf the presents.

And finally a girl has to have pink and purple shoe's.........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting and here, they are on a Christmas card from Navie Wifey :)

I'm not singling out any Christmas cards here deliberately, as they have all been gorgeous. It's just that this fitted in with the pink theme for today :)

Sorry if the pictures aren't very clear, like I said, it's a bit of a dark and grim day today :(

As always I will leave a mince pie and a drink out for Santa, and a carrot for the reindeer on the fireplace tonight.

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Prosperous 2007.

Lots of Christmas love and hugs

Whisky

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Dec 24, 2006, 2:12:00 PM , Blogger LadyHawk said...

Blessed Christmas, Whisky .. to you and family and may you have a wonderful year ahead.
LadyHawk

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home