Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, December 22, 2006

Foggy Days And Holidays!

Firstly I have to thank hubby for todays title! There I was staring into space looking for a title and he comes up with one straight away!!

As you may have guessed from both yesterdays post, and totdays title, it's still really really foggy here. I mean when you are driving, you have to have your lights on, that reflects against the fog and you can't see much ahead. Very scary. It's also what they call freezing fog. Which means, you guessed it, it's freezing cold!

All over the weather they keep mentioning that this fog is supposed to linger until Boxing day. We've already had it for three days, and it does bring you down. Everything is grey and white. The birds in the garden are hardly out and about. My favourite black bird (Spot, due to his two white spots) is in hiding in the pyracantha bush right at the side of the conservatory. Up until a week ago it was still laden with berries for him to eat, and Mum and I took it in turns to pull a sprig of berries off and put them on the floor for him, as he was having trouble perching, or jumping up to get them. Now, with no berries left, I've "HIDDEN" a food supply in the bush for him. That way, he will have plenty of food for the winter, hopefully without the other birds finding it. He's also very good at protecting his own territory, so he will ensure that it's safe.

We think that Spot is the blackbird that fledged in our garden about three years ago. He pottered around under the bush before he could fly.....and I used to go out and shoo away the cat that visits. Maybe he feels safe their. I mean he has a dozy woman who handpicks poisonous berries to feed him, and talks to him whenever he is around. I'm still certain it was him who made a flying visit, literally, into our conservatory, and left hubby a few "presents" before he flew out again.

Maybe he just wanted to say hello, and thankyou for looking after him :)

Anyway.....the work lunch yesterday was huuuge, but gorgeous. We all sat together laughing and joking, and I finally worked up the confidence to ask a certain person if I had offended them. The reply was, that they thought they had offended me! So, the slate was wiped clean and we have started anew. Two years ago I would never have dreamed of asking anyone a question like that. On Saturday at the works party, my old team leader, who knew me really well, said that with long hair I have more confidence....maybe she is right.

Anyway, back to the office, and it's all change. I now have my very own desk, with drawers and everything!! I'm back with "the team" and for the last hour of work, it felt good :) I now know that on my return in the New Year I will at last be "WITHIN SALE" rather than on the periphery. Yayyyyyy!

With Boss S's Christmas present to hubby and I tucked under my arm I left work and headed out to do a bit of last minute present shopping for hubby. It's really difficult. I haven't got much money due to being on benefit's etc, plus he's a man, who are renownedly difficult to buy for. Plus, I've already supposedly bought him one of his Lacoste shirts from Cala D'or. Anyway....at least he has a few presents to open on Monday!

Home, and hubby was back! Arrrgh there's me carrying his surprise presents....I dashed upstairs and stashed them away quickly, came downstairs and gave him the biggest hug :)

We had a bit of a chat, then I went upstairs to wrap some more presents. I managed to do more than I thought, and even, after a short break, went back up to do some more. My back soon was screaming it didn't want to continue, so back downstairs, a small snack, and snuggled on the sof until hubby went to bed.

I caught the tail end of a film starring Emma Thompson. I did set it to record and went up to bed once, but I really wanted to watch the ending, so back downstairs and blubbed for the rest of the film.

Bed at 2am! the latest for me in weeks, and awoken by hubby after a lie in.

I have to sign off now, as I'm going to visit Clever Crafting Friend this afternoon. At last I can visit her! It's normally the other way round :)

So......I hope Santa's helpers are busy wrapping presents to put in his sleigh on Sunday evening :)

We can all sit warm and cosy by our fires with a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie and listen for the sound of distant jingling of bells as a sign he is on his way :)

Jingle bells everyone.

Hugs galore

Whisky

xxxxxxx

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home