Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Super Sleuth Whisky Rocks!

As previously mentioned on Thursday I went out with work to the Sales Conference dinner, I'd heard that the Team Building excersizes might be darts, pool and connect four, so I put my own darts in my handbag.

Got there via the taxi provided, was given a drink and promptly the drama began. In walks a very rotund, loud voiced, and anti women man. He was carrying a box containing the ashes of the founder of The Tigers Club. Oh joy of joys' it was a murder mystery evening.......I knew there and then I would love it, and be determined to win.

I was quickly introduced to our team leader for the evening, a new salesman I hadn't met....who happens to be the image of Danny De Vito.....I was sat next to a few people that I knew, eating our meal as the drama unfolded. Myself and "danny" the salesman were determined to work out who had, and still was comitting the murders. We made a good team considering we had only just met. We both took notes whilst eating our dinner....and I was the one running around the room asking all of the "actors" questions relating to different things, and scanning the boards where notices were placed for information.

I relayed what I had learnt to "danny", and he in return told me what he had found out. At one point I even followed three of the actors out of the room to see where they went, abandoning my dessert in the process. Sure enough one of them wandered back down the corridoor covered in blood with a knife protruding from his chest! He told me not to say anything, and I quietly wandered back into the main hall to wait for his body to be discovered.

I was told on numerous occasions by one fo the actors that if there was a prize for determination and perseverance I should get it. I was NOT going to be beaten.

The detective asked for our written conclusions, and one of the members on our team told us who he thought it was. "Danny" and I were determined it wasn't them, and I laid out our reasons for who we suspected. The detective read through each characters name....and I was really disappointed when he said our suspects name and just moved on. Then he went to who he thought was the main suspect and it all came clear. The person he suspected held all the clues...and happened to be sat on our table, and then he called out the name of the murderer and arrested her. It was our suspect! We had won!!!

Our winning team got a certificate, and a gold bullet shaped Super SLeuth keyring each, and we were all really pleased.

Even our Managing Director said I should be re employed as the company private detective!

I also "pulled". The one night I go out without hubby, and someone chats me up! Typical. I played along, shaking his hand and telling him my name. Politely declined his offer of a nightcap in his room and pointed out the logo on his sweatshirt. I told him the name of the company he worked for (not ours), who they had been taken over by, and who they had yet again been taken over by. I asked his if he had been trained on a particular internal computer system that he would use in his job, and he said not yet and told me which branch he worked at. I then told him not to worry as my hubby would be with him in a few weeks to train him. The colour drained from his face and he meekly wandered off!

A couple of the men from the office had been keeping an eye on me, and were just about to come to my rescue, but they soon realised that although I am little I don't like being chatted up! and that I could defend myself. :)

So here I am, worn out after an emotional weekend. Christmas shopping on Saturday, then the bad news on SUnday, and Avon sorting (tonnes and tonnes of it) yesterday.

Hubby thankfully isn't away too much this week. He was away last night, but I entertained myself by watching recorded episodes of Torchwood, and listening to the lead man himself John Barrowman singing. I have downloaded some of his musical songs and copied them onto cd. Boy does he have a gorgeous singing voice as well as a scrummy physique!

So, hubby is home tonight....not sure about wednesday and thursday...but he's working from home on Friday! Yayyyyyy!!!

I really must go and have a bath and get ready for work....I'm just not sure if I should take in my Super SLeuth certificate? I'm working three afternoons from now on. Just to build up gradually and see how I get on. Apparently I am a godsend as Team Leader S is on holiday this week. Boss S is over the moon that I will be in so much. Gawd knows why?

Anyway at least I am appreciated.....unlike in the old days at my previous job. Wink Wink. Thankfully this company know a good thing when they see it.

Ok, I'm off to try and get my big fat head through the door!

Hugs galore.

Whisky

xxxxxxx

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home