Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Birthday Girls and Torchwood

Yesterday I did all of my remaining chores. I went to the post office like a good little Avon rep and sent off my returns parcel and paid monies received to clear my account. Popped to Tesco for bread and milk, got a paper for me to read today (Thursday) and headed off to Sis In Laws to see the Birthday Girl.

We went to pick her up from school, and was promptly called inside to see her sparkle book. It's like a diary that she writes of her day to day happenings. I turned to her birthday, and read it.....lovely...then I noticed the entry for Monday. She had written about her dance show and that Nan and ME! had been to see her. How proud I felt seeing my name in her book, knowing that she thinks of me, and that I am actually featuring in her growing up!

Back to her house and she opened some more presents. She was a little surprised that the present from hubby and I, once opened, had another present inside. Clever Whisky. Lots of cuddles, and dancing, and catching of a funny sucker ball later, and I left knowing that SIL had to get the two girls and Nan ready to go swimming ;)

I drove home contented. Yes I went over the speed limit again in my ickl purple car....but when the lorries get in the way a girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Home......and lonely, I decided to watch two of my prerecorded shows while I did my own french manicure. The one I had done in France had lasted for nearly three weeks, but it was that well done,and the nail polish was that hard that it had shattered! My nails looked like badly chipped stained glass windows....and were way to long for computer use at work!

So....chopped, filed, removed old nail polish, base coat, painted on the white free style without using the half moons provided. (The lady who did my manicure did this, and I was amazed and thought it would be really difficult). It was easier than I thought....top pink coat, and top shiny coat....all done, and looking very good even if I do say so myself!

I mentioned it to hubby the other week, but as I have been feeling better I have been taking more care of myself. Who needs to shave their legs, pluck their eyebrows and do their nails when they hardly leave the house for two years! So now....hair braiding, epilation of legs, and nails done fortnightly.....I care about my self again :)

Anyway.....I recorded, as I watched, Torchwood this week. It saves me going into the living room to watch it on the NTL box on on demand. I have to admit it is a fantastci show. Yes it's a spin off from Dr Who, and yes I missed the episodes of Dr Who that Captain Jack Harkness appeared in. But....now he has his own "spin off show" which is Torchwood....I'm in heaven.

It's just as good as the new Dr Who...but sexier. As in more than just the odd peck on the cheek. I mean.....alien S**!! Eeewwww. But the characters are extremely clever...and very intelligent. There is "the minion", as in the man who chauffers them around sometimes, cleans up, and looks after the hub of Torchwood. The man who used to be a Doctor in a hospital, who of course advises on medical things and cause of death. The extremely intelligent computer whizz, who has an unrelinquished crush on the doctor guy, and new recruit Gwen, who is an ex policewoman and sort of thrown in at the deepend as she had never come accross aliens before.....Like we all have!

Anyway...the "boss" of Torchwood is Captain Jack Harkness. The man who for some reason, not yet revealed (unless it was in Dr Who) cannot die. He is american, has wit, intelligence, a lovely quirky sense of humour, and dashing good looks. Always dressed in Black trousers, white tighty tee shirt, blue/green shirt, braces, and a lovely old fashioned army style long black coat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That character is played by John Barrowman. The man who was in strictly on ice, and on the panel of judges for How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria. He has also played the lead roles in well over 30 musicals. He can dance and sing.....and Oh boy can he act. He has also recently been on numerous quiz shows and chat shows. He was recently on the Johnathon Ross show, and I laughed so hard I cried!!!

He was born in england but brough up in America so has an adorable accent. I have to admit, he also has a body and face to drool over endlessly. So much so, that if I see him on a quiz or talk show....I record it! I missed recording Johnathon Ross though....nit wit!

But have you guys twigged yet? Something that I didn't realise, but hubby told me. Let's see if you can get it. Dr Who is the original programme......Torchwood is the spin off programme. And no, it's not the fact that Torchwood is mentioned endlessly in Dr Who....there is another astonishing link?

I'll let you know tomorrow. But I'm sure if there are any other Dr Who or Torchwood viewers reading this then they will get it.

So.....my new crush, and going into my top ten men is John Barrowman. Yes he is gay and has had a partner for 16 years.....but I can still look! I'm a healthy (nearly) red blooded female. Yes I'm happily married....but every girl needs some eye candy. Whether it's Robbie Williams, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson or John Barrowman. But you all know that hubby is number one!

Whew...what a ramble today. Anyone guessed I've just drank my milky coffee!

So....today, Work in a couple of hours, then home, then quickly bath, change, make up and hair, and I'm off out to the works Sales Conference meal. Apparently there will be some team building excersises as well. Non of which I have been advised are phsysical or strenuous. Does that mean I will have to use my brain then.....that's me in last place!

Tomorrow, it's going to be a good long lie in.....and then hubby will be home! Wooohoooooooo! One of the hugest ever cuddles coming up.

So. With Torchwood in your minds (I've hipnotised you all doooh doo doo dooh) I will love you and leave you. If you feel like watching it its on BBC3 on Sunday evenings 10pm, and BBC2 Wednesday evenings at 9pm.

Hugs galore....but none of the alien kind

Whisky

xxxxxxxxxxx

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Dec 7, 2006, 1:22:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

In Doctor Who, Jack was killed by a dalek and brought back to life by Rose while she was suffused with the power of the Time Vortex (she looked into the heart of the TARDIS). Confused yet? And I agree, he is just about the hottest thing on two legs on TV at the moment. I'm married, he's gay, so what? We all need our little fantasies.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home