Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mobile Phones and Work Party's!

What a hectic and tiring few days.

Hubby returned home on Thursday night with a new toy. He had been given a new works mobile phone. A jazzy little black number that takes pictures, video's has a built in radio, plays mp3's, has a built in voice recorder, and polyphonic ring tones. I was quite mesmerized by it. Easy to use, and has all of the features built in, like the mp3 and voice recorder, that I have recently purchased and had so much darned trouble with.

Anyway, I of course had to give hubby a lesson on how to use it. He doesn't bother with reading the instruction book....just give me anything electrical and I can work it within five minutes. Nothing more was said about the phone. We had dinner, and went to bed.

Friday and he is "supposed to be working from home". I caught him looking at various things on the internet, mainly last minute Christmas presents which I will let him off for. I automatically asked him to have a look and see how much his mobile phone would cost if he had bought it. Five minutes later he has his coat on, and says that he will go to Toys R Us to look for a certain niece's xmas pressy from her mum and dad to save me facing the dreaded Dalek's.

About two hours later he comes back, my college buddy was just leaving. We had had a brilliant catch up, Take That visits, exam passes wooohoooooo! and a general chin wag. Off she tootled in her car, and in walks hubby with a variety of bags.

No xmas pressy for nieces, but something for me. He had only gone and got me a phone exactly the same as his!!! Of course it's not a Christmas present, I am paying him back for it, but it was a bargain.

So, phone charged, and realised I needed a cable to connect it to the pc to upload pictures and video's from the phone. I had everything crossed that this wasn't going to be such a disaster as the dreaded pink mobile phone.

Off I went to Tesco, picked up what I was advised to get by the shop assistant. A doody looking thing called a bluetooth dongle. All for £6.49.....soooooo expensive compared to the four lots of cable and software I had purchased for the previous phone. Got home, added the software from the disk, turned the phone onto bluetooth........held my breath, and there I was. CONNECTED!!!!!.

So, any pictures or video's taken can be uploaded to the pc Yayyyyyyy!. AND, my ringtone is now none other than Robbie Williams. It works both ways of course, I can upload any music from my pc to my phone!!!! Excuse the french, but it's effing brilliant. I'm in mobile phone heaven! The only down side is that it's black, not pink or purple, of course I have put my phone danglies on.....which helps hubby and I tell who's is who's phone d'oh.

Saturday, didn't do much in the morning, but started getting ready for the works party at about 3.30. I decided, without a thought, to take out my braids. There was nothing I could do with my hair to make it look "pretty|" for the party. So bath, an hours session blow drying my hair, another hour straightening it (I have a lot of hair), downstairs to put on full make up. When I say full, I normally go out without any make up. Sometimes I'll put on a tiny bit of eye liner, a touch of mascara and lipstick and that's it. I went for the works. Foundation, full eyeshadow, blusher lippy, mascara, and I thought I looked darned good!

Dress, tights and shoes on, and I asked hubby how I looked. "Fine" he says. Nothing like boosting a womans confidence.

Got to the party and caught up with more of the people I hadn't seen during the last two and a half years. I'm not one to brag, (just to rub it in that hubby doesn't pay me compliments) but everyone said how gorgeous I looked :) I even "pulled" yet again, with hubby stood right next to me!

Some man (I now know who he is) asked me for a cigarette, put his hand in a rather "dodgy" place as he wandered off and said thankyou. Don't get me wrong it wasn't an intimate place. Hubby knew exactly where he had put his hand and looked a little concerned. Not at the fact that I had pulled......just that the guy ha placed his hand on my tummy, exactly where my bag was!!! Obviously he didn't notice anything, but I was a little shocked.

All through the night the guy followed me outside for a cigarette.....eventually I got fed up with attention, and as we came back into the room I made a bee line for hubby, wrapped myself around him and gave him a huge kiss. Then the penny dropped for the guy, although why it hadn't in the first place I don't know!

My old team leader M was there, and nutty as usual, it was really good to see her, and as she left she picked me up in a bear hug. My feet a foot off the floor, and bounced me up and down for about two minutes...no exageration. Hubby and Boss S stood going paler and paler, all boss S could say was "Oh my god she has to come back to work on Tuesday!". It was fine, but my back did kill for about an hour afterwards.

Back to the room, settled into bed, by now it's about 1.30am. Next door come back to their room and have a blazing balzing full volume row. This continues until round about 5am.....hubby tried to wake me at 9.45, I politely told him what had happened in the early hours, and asked him to leave for another hour.

Once up, we had breakfast and headed home, with two bottles of red wine and four boxes of chocolates that hubby had collected from the tables the night before.

He promptly went to bed for a sleep! I went out to do some Avon deliveries. I only got to one house......and I'll tell you all about the lovely lady I met on my next blog.

Love and hugs for all

Whisky

xxxxxxxxx

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home