Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, October 31, 2005

A Close Shave, Stew & Dumplings, and A Happy Birthday!

Bless my hubby! He did so much on Saturday morning. Went shopping, popped to the garage to get the repair costs for his car, bought a birthday pressy, went into town to pay in our e bay profit, and went to the post office to get the postage costs for items sold. He had an hours sit down and a cup of coffee, and then we headed off to Sis In Law's for the mass stew cook-off.

It was all hands on deck! Hubby and Sis In Law peeling veggies, Bro In Law monitoring the neices, and me supervising and drinking wine (I got the good job). Sis In Law got carried away with the potatoe peeling, and we ended up using a whole 2kg bag of tatoes! Soon everything was peeled, chopped, fried, and left to simmer while we headed off to the Birthday Party round the corner.

It was good to see all of the brothers in law, sisters in law, mums, dads and children all together. And I think that the birthday girl enjoyed it too. Shoes off, drinks, open pressies, see people we hadn't seen for a while and then tootle off to check that the stew simmering hadn't burnt the house down.

All was well in stew cooking land, dumplings were made and popped in the 3 saucepans, and I think the meal was enjoyed by all :) It even got a thumbs up from the girls.......so well done hubby and Sis In Law for making a wonderful dinner, there was plenty to freeze and I think Sis In Law will enjoy not having to cook once or twice :)

All was going swimmingly, one neice was nearly asleep watching the pop dvd, the other was chilling out in Daddy's chair..........then in came hubby and started a new game!

Let's throw the children in the air and see if we can hit their head on the ceiling I think it as called. The 1st time it was played I was a nervous wreck. He held onto the girl's wrists and lifted them up as they jumped, and they had a whale of a time, but me being me, I got nervous and snuck outside for a quick ciggy to calm my nerves.

Sure enough, half an hour later, after jumping on Daddy, they wanted to play again. It was stopped quickly as the littlest neice came within half an inch of having her head put through the living room ceiling! Three adults, in unison all took a deep breath and went Aaaaaaargh! Of course the girl's loved it and wanted More More More...but No....it was too close a shave and we all chilled out some more.

I even had my hair done! and as soon as Sis In Law has e mailed me the piccies, I will post them on the blog. So, for those of you who haven't seen me....watch out!

For those of you who know what I look like, imagine me with a Bjork hairstyle!

You'll just have to wait and see!! ;)

So..........thank you Sis and Bro In Law for putting up with us all day, it's always fun, and yes hubby has got achy shoulders today (serves him right for trying to dent your ceilings).

As for the "story of how Sis and Bro in Law met" yes I fell for it hook line and sinker. As it's Bro In Law's birthday in May, how about, instead of a bouncy castle, we have a may "pole" in the garden ;)

Heheheheheheheh!

Anyway, that's a long enuff blog for today I think.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Love to everyone mwaaaaaah!

Whisky

xx

1 Comments:

At Oct 31, 2005, 3:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well we really enjoyed it too ! My freezer is full and the photos are on the way - so I will expect to see them on here ( dare ya!).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home