Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Here we go again!

Yesterday (Thursday) was eventful to say the least.

My infusion was started at 1.41pm and at 1.51pm (according to my Mum) I reacted yet again. As happened last time it was like flicking a switch. This time, my heart was the first to go, beating furiously, then my chest tightened and then I had the hot face flush and turned burgundy. Sister Sonya straight away stopped the infusion and checked my heart rate. It had shot up from 86 to 155 so she immediately fast bleeped the doctor.

A lovely chinese doc turned up within a couple of minutes, they gave me an intravenous doese of steroids there and then, hooked me up to a drip to try and flush the Infliximab out of my sytstem asap. He left 2milligrams of adrenalin at the side of the bed (just in case), and said I may need to be admitted if my heart rate didn't drop.

My poor Mum saw it all, and was more scared this time than the last. And Sister Sonya admitted she hadn't slept the night before because she was so worried about me!

Eventually, my heart rate slowed to 92, and I felt fine again. Trust me. If I'm going to do something I don't do it by halves do I.

So, no more Infliximab for me :(

Sister Sonya was brilliant, she told me that there are still a few other things that they can try, and she brought my appointment for Dr Loft forward to a week on Wednesday. She mentioned he would be heartbroken that I had reacted, and it would make him even more determined to find something to help me.

By the time hubby came to collect me from Mum and Dad's I was exhausted, we popped into the chip shop for tea, I watched House and zonked. I am on a high dose of steroids for four day's to ensure there is no further reaction, and boy do they make you drowsy!

Oh well, another close call. But one I don't intent to repeat in a hurry.

Sis in Law had left a message for me, so I rang her as soon as I got home. Don't worry, I'll be fighting fit for Saturday Mwaaahaaahaaa! (Evil laugh).

On to today. I set my alarm so I could ring my Mum before she went to work and let her know I was ok, had brekky and then my college friend came to see me. We have known each other for 18 years now, and each time we meet it's as if our college days were only yesterday! We had a laugh as we reminisced, and it looks like I'm going to a concert with her! Off to see Mark Owen (of Take That fame) and it should be a really good night. I'll be at the stage door afterwards, drooling and begging for a photograph and autograph. Knowing College Friend she'll be right there beside me LOL.

Later on Clever Crafting Friend (CCF) came to see me as well. She showed me the shawl she had finished crocheting for a "soon to be Mom" and it was beautiful! Intricate, and the wool was soooooo soft. So once I'm on a roll with my squares I might get more adventurous and make a blankie too!

I'm a lucky girl, cos she brought me a box of choccies as well :) I will share with hubby.......honest!

As always, it was a lovely visit. It must be 8 or 9 years that we have known each other and I'm just so lucky that the friends I have are long lasting. If I'm lucky maybe a little of her Clever Craftingness will rub off on me :) until then, it's squares, cross stitch, and blogging for me.

So that's the last 2 days in a nutshell. Short and sweet, like me LOL.

I promise to behave at the Birthday party tomorrow ;)

Love and hugs to all!

Whisky

xx

2 Comments:

At Oct 29, 2005, 4:37:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh I can't believe you reacted again. You were so positive that it would be ok even though maybe a little apprehensive!!! Fingers x that Dr L will have a better alternative to try!!

Thankx for the emails re Swarovski crystal beads, got some and they arrived Friday!!!!

Hubby home.....hurray...finally walked through the door Friday at 5pm!!!!!!!

Will catch up with you in the week...

Take care...chin up and keep smiling (which I know you are good at!)

PS V jealous of concert???? Mark Owen I think was one of the better Take That members!

Loads of Luv

Navy Wifie

 
At Oct 30, 2005, 7:53:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better now. I was very worried and concerned when my boss told me what had happened.
Tell the Chinese doctor if he could find a better alternative for you then I will buy him a lots of Chinese candies to say 'thanks'.
I think you deserve lots of chocolates and big kisses and lots of cuddles.
Thinking of you...
NN

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home