Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, May 22, 2006

Borrowed From Holli.....The Letter E

At last I can join in on a tag game!

The idea of this one is, that you ask to play and are given a letter from the alphabet. You then have to choose and talk about ten things of importance to you beginning with that letter.

I read Holli's
post brought to you by the letter V and asked if I could join in. I was allocated the letter E......so here goes.

Ten things of most importance to me beginning with the letter E

1. Education - I think, that with the help and dedication of my parents, my education helped shape my life. My first memories of school are being bullied. I was in a toilet cubicle, actually doing my business, and three or four older girls kicked in the door, piled in and kicked my shins until they were black and blue. My parents quickly took me out of that school. They asked me what I wanted to do....I said sing and dance. They then scrimped, saved, worked hard, and struggled to send me to a private dance school. The only thinkg I hated about my seven years there was my green uniform. I still never wear green to this day.

I was lucky enough to be a strong singer, and a competent dancer. I auditioned along with everyone else for no end of shows. I was chosen to be in pantomime after pantomime, all of which I have fond memories of. I danced with the Scottish ballet, I was even in a tv show for a short time. I'll tell which one shortly. I had elocution lessons and exams. Studied ballet, tap, modern, greek, gymnastics, national dance, ballroom dance.....as well as having the best start to my education possible.

I thrived in english, my only downfall being left handed. I loved history, was ok at maths, adored french, put up with home economics and biology, but all in all those days were some of the best of my life. SO thankyou Mum and Dad for my Education.

2. Emu's World.....the tv show I was in. Yes, Ok, I was sad enough to be in the first series. It was only shown in the Uk...so hopefully I won't be too embarased by this. I can remember Rod Hull not being a nice person, whether drunk or sober. I can remember that darned emu's beak being made of fibreglass and attaching itself to my arm. I can remember take after take doing a routine to "shaking Stevens- Green Door" because Mr Hull was too drunk to remember his cues. I can remember my best friend in school being chosen to be in the little monsters outfit. He was Grotbags (the wicked witch's) assistant. I can remember being sick on the coach to twycross zoo....I did tell the teachers not to sit me at the back!

3. Ears - This one just came to me in a flash!. I love my hubby's ear lobes. I know this sounds strange....but they are so soft. I have always thought if ever there was a game show where you had to choose a part of your hubby you would recognise by touch alone....it would be his ears. (No rude suggestions LOL). On his right ear he has a scar from when he fell at school and caught it on the corner of a desk. Al in all....I love my hubby's ears!

4. Empathy. (Getting really deep now). I was once told I was too empathetic. I worry too much about my friends and those around me, and tend not to worry about myself. Surely that's a good thing?!

5. Encyclopedic! Using all of the big words aren't I! When I was young I used to read a lot. I always had my head buried in a book. I read Carrie at the age of seven, and have been hooked on Stephen King, James Herbert, and many other authors since. I soak up information about topics I like. If you tell me that the easy way to do long division is to do such and such....I will forget it in a second. I f you tell me that someone has an undiagnosed condition, or that a murderer was caught using a specific use of forensics or psychology I will remember it forever. Whenever Casualty, or CSI is on the tv I will reel off multiple illnesses, diseases or causes of death as I get the clues from the programme. Sometimes I am right....if I'm not I learn it and remember it. So in some ways my brain is "encyclopedic" and I love it.

6. Envy. Yes, like every woman, the green eyed dragon rears its ugly head in my mind. I'm not envious of looks, after all you are what you are and beauty is only skin deep. I am however envious of the past. Or more specifically someone from the past that if ever I met I would flatten. I know I married him, I know he is devoted to me.....but someone was there first and hurt him badly, and of that I'm envious.

By the way....I've had to keep working on this all weekend, as although E seems like an easy letter....it's harder than you think LOL.

I don't, however,know why I didn't come up with this one earlier!

7. EATING!!! My initial Crohn's (before my ileostomy) meant I could only eat certain things. Nothing spicy, hardly any vegetables or fruit apart from tomatoes. I lived on a diet of biscuits, burgers, chicken, bread and tomotoes. Now however....I can eat for england!! I can eat almost anything. No hard fruits such as apples, I have to have them stewed or baked, not too many nuts, for which I get cravings for every now and again and regret it! But as long as it's not liver, kidney or asparagus I'm there! So number seven is important......EATING!!! Yayyyy.

8.England. Yes I admit it...I love my country. My favourite places to be are by the sea, or in the country surrounded by trees, birds and animals, and no I don't mean hubby. When I was a child and had dogs I would walk for hours. On holidays I would walk never knowing where I would end up, but always finding my way back to base. But those were in the days that a child was safe to do that. I love Norfolk, Cornwall, Bournemouth, Newquay, Brighton and especially Blackpool. So ENgland rocks!

9. Entertaining. This word covers quite a lot for me. It could be me being entertained, by my love for books, or tv shows, films or poetry. Or it could be me entertaining people. My singing from when I used to sing with the band, or act on stage at college. Or my general persona. I love to see people smile or laugh...I'm proud of my sense of humour. My ability to laugh at myself, and my cutting wit that will either shock you or reduce you to fits of giggles.

10.Embrace. Probably my most loved thing in the world. Embrace is another word for hold or hug. Hugs off hubby are the best ever!

I made it.....Holli, it's harder than it looks.

If anyone else wants to play along, please feel free to drop me a comment and I will give you a letter, or pop along to Holli's site and she will dish them out as well.

Have fun!!

And Holli......thankyou for sharing!

Love and hugs

Whisky (aka G&T)

xxxxxx

1 Comments:

At May 22, 2006, 8:34:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

This was a fabulous list - I learned so much about you. Wow, the Scottish ballet.. that is amazing!! You are just a fascinating person - you never cease to amaze me.

I love the relationship you have with your hubs.. it's so sweet. Embrace - sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home