Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Much Shorter Than Expected!!

No not me! I know I'm only 5ft2" but come on cut me some slack!

I mean my hospital stay!

Firstly, Saturday's bbq at Sis In Law's was wicked. We got there just about on time, hubby assembled the bbq while I had a disco session with the girls. Of course I had to wear the pink "be bop" head wear, and the pink feather boer whilst dancing! Then, as the bbq was only half assembled tutt tutt.....we had a hair dressing session. Miss Pink selected two braids clipped at the back of her head with matching clips, whilst Miss Purple had as many braids as possible LOL. We finished just in time for tea. I have to say, those burgers are tasty!

We ate, we sat and watched some of Monsters Inc, we wrote stories, we read....someone pointed out literally that my chest was gorwing as I have put on weight...but you don't mind when it's a three year old :) Hubby and Sis In Law were in fits of laughter.

We left, drove home and chilled out on the sofa knowing Sis In Law was "allright".

Sunday I managed to get a lie in. Hubby took me out for a carvery lunch, and just as I started to eat my phone rang. It was the hospital. On Saturday they had said no beds and they would ring me on Sunday. Sure enough, still no beds....but I was to go into the day surgery unit for 8am Monday Morning. Panic!

I knew it was Mr R's (my surgeons) way of getting me in the hospital. Once you are in and have been operated on they have to find you a bed. A cunning plan.

So Monday morning hubby dropped me off, literally, I hoped he would have come in with me, or at least carry my really heavy bag....but no, a quick kiss and goodbye in the car park.

I was booked in, put on a bed, checked over ny the aneasthetist who said seing as I had been starved of food and drink since midnight I could go down to theatre quite early. 10.45 am and I was off.

As usual as soon as I got into the "air lock" I started blubbing. You'd think after 25+ operations I would be used to it. She gave me the magic potion to calm me down. It hits you like ten or more gin and tonics....and every five minutes she topped me up as they were slightly delayed.

She put me to sleep...I did stop her and say thankyou for looking after me. I like to be polite, even when people are sending me into the land of nod.

I came round and was moved back to the day surgery unit. Catheter and pca (patient controlled analgesia, morphine) attached. Straight away the sister got on the hpne to find me a bed. As I was on the morphine I had to stay overnight, and it had to be on a ward in case of any complications.

Just as hubby turned up they moved me to a ward. Being a regular I knew a few members of staff so felt at home. I was allowed to eat, and drink and was looking forward to an early night. But the other patients had other plans.

4.30am I finally got to sleep! Then they woke me at six for blood pressure, 8 for breakfast, and 9 the doctors came round.Mr R said things had gone realy well. He was pleased with how well I had healed from the last op in February, and he hadn't had to do too much this time. He said as soon as the catheter was out, and the morphine was gone I could go home.

I went back to sleep, eventually woke up and had some lunch. Had my pca and catheter removed, went in the bath and did my own dressings. The nurse checked everything and agreed as long as I was happy I could go home.

The wounds are fine. No where near as intrusive as last time, just really a tidy up which I was relieved about.

So....hubby collected me last night, and I'm here happy I'm home. I had a good nights sleep.

Mum and Dad brought me some lunch today, and we had a play on our Nintendo's. I'll go into more detail about that at another time.

So....all in all I'm back ready to wreak havoc in blogland once more.

Steph, thankyou for your kind words.....Pickle....the pictures are beatiful, and thankyou for thinking of me.

Bride and Groom to be, I'm sorry I didnt get chance to ring, and I hope you are all ok.

Sis In Law......."you allright?"

Love and hugs for all

WHisky

xxxxx

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2006, 8:12:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

The "land of nod" sounds quite lovely, actually.. even though I know it isn't when surgery is involved. I'm glad it was a quick stay!

Faith loves Monsters, Inc. She calls it Cookie Monster Ink.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home