Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

So Much To Say.........

Friday in Manchester was brilliant. We set off at about midday, and had reached Manchester by about two thirty with one pitt stop. But then it took us well over an hour to get to anywhere near the b&b. What with bus lanes and one way systems we were flumoxed. We could see where we needed to be, right by the cathedral and the big wheel, but could we get there?!

Eventually we parked up, and walked accross the the hotel. It was lovely, really old and creaky, but decorated in a modern style.

We had a wander around the centre, had a drink and a meal, nipped back so I could change, then walked to the arena for the show. I was ok at first, it was a little busy. But then we bought a drink, and stood near the entrance relelvant for our seats, and it got busier, and busier, and busier. The moreI watched people walking past, the more dizzier I got! At one point hubby decided to go to the little boys room before the show started. I said I would do the same, but the girls room, and would meet him by a sign. I left him, and fought my way through the crowds. I made it three quarters of the way to the toilet, and doubled back to meet him. I was shaking......I couldn't take all the people around me.

WE made our way to our seats....high up. We had a good view, and the show was brilliant. I've never seen feet move so fast. No wonder Michale Flatley has each leg insured for over a million pounds!!

After the show we went for another drink, had a sit down and chat in the bar of the hotel and wandered up to bed. No ghosts in sight, a good nights sleep, and a lovely cooked breakfast the next morning.

We wandered around Manchester town centre for three hours, going in and out of shops, stopping for coffee at Starbucks along the way, and I thought of Holli.

We travelled back home, and I went for a sleep.

Sunday I was up early, and we went to meet NN and R, and V and A and their dog Sam, who we are dog sitting for in June. We had a lovely roast dinner, and I really enjoyed the chatting and laughing. We then met back up at a nearby ancient house with large grounds to meet and walk Sam. He was gorgeous! Easy to walk, and reminded me so much of my doggy days in my youth with my pet springer spaniel Griff.

We were walking for nearly three hours! We got home, chilled out, and went to bed early.

Monday, again \i was up early. We had to go on the hunt for a birthday present for my Mum. There was something we had been looking for all weekend, but it was sold out. So hubby had an idea! Why not get her a Nintendog!

We went for it....I was nervous, she would either love it or hate it. SHe opened it, and proceeded to talk to the console asking for the dog to come out and play without having turned the power on, or put the game card in......in other words, she was going to love it!

After a bit of advice on feeding, walking, training and praising the dog, we left her and Scamp playing together, with Dad looking as if we were all a little bit crazy LOL.

Hubby and I got home, I was going to sit down for five minutes and go in the bath. But no, we were going to move furniture!. We are buying my Mum and Dad's current sofa off them, as they are getting a new one. Hubby wanted to get ready for the arrival of said sofa, which could be up to twelve weeks away.

So, the old 2 seater and the rocker seat from the conservatory were moved into the living room. The sofa from the living room was moved into the conservatory. The living room was then re arranged, and the birdy moved as well.

All in all it means all of the furniture we need to get rid of is in one room, ready for our new sofa from Mum and Dad, and we are sitting "together" for once in the conservatory. We no longer have two furniture arms in between us|! Woooohoooo.

We can stretch out together, snuggle under a blanket together, and at last be closer!

It also means I don't have to go upstairs to bed if I need an afternoon nap, I can just stretch out where I am.

The Groom To Be rang last night too :) we had a bit of a chat, then I spoke to The Bride To Be. I know I haven't been online at night much lately.......but soon that will change. I'll explain in more detail in a few weeks.

Love you both though.....and miss you.

Hugs for all.

Whisky (aka G&T)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home