Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Surprise Visitors!! (but at least they gave me an hours notice)

Well.....what can I say! I had just, literally just posted my previous blog and the telephone rang. Hubby answered it, and passed the phone to me. A little voice asked if I was busy....and reminded me that a few weeks ago they had said they may come to visit. I said that all I asked was an hours notice to make myself decent (and tidy up). The voice then said "well this is your hours notice!".

I came off the phone....had an immediate hot flush, got excited, panicked, and ran upstairs to have a bath. I came back downstairs and me and hubby had a frantic tidy up, wash up etc.

Bride and Groom To Be were on their way!!!

They were collecting GTB (Groom To Be's) Mum and were going to call in here for a cup of coffee and a chat.

I have known them for a year and two months. We met online in a chat room. We clicked straight away. BTB (Bride To Be) and I have the same sort of sense of humour. We are able to take the micky out of ourselves and then fall about laughing afterwards. Sometimes it's scary....as we seem to read each others minds. If we are chatting on MSN or in a chat room we will type in the same thing at the same time and then go "Snap".

Almost exactly twelve months ago to the day hubby and I went to their hometown for a visit. We stayed three nights and three days. We were nervous as we hadn't "met" them before, only chatted on the internet and over the phone. We all gelled. Hubby and GTB hit it off, and BTB and me hit it off. All in all we had one of the best long weekends ever, and came away knowing we would be friends for a long long time. The only thing we all said we regretted was not having the courage to give each other hugs as we left.

ANyway, back to today. The phone rang again, and hubby directed them to our house. I timed it so I stepped out to the front of the house just as they turned into the road.

GTB greeted me with "I thought you needed an hours notice to make an effort"....well I was in my PJ's.

But most importantly, once everyone was out of the car.....it was hugs all round!

We sat and chatted, they had brought their two adorable daughters with them. Identical twin girls who I had trouble telling apart twelve months ago....and am still no better now.

Coffee and Archers all round.....juice for the girls. GTB played with the Nintendogs for a little while. I forgot to get BTB to have a go!

All in all it brought back wicked memories....and it proves that "online" friends are just as important as friends you meet in the street or at work.

So yes, I'm sat here blogging as I promised I would. Knowing that you are driving back down the motorway......probably singing along to the radio or cd player as the twins sleep in the back of the car with GTB's Mum. (Who I have to say was lovely too!).

I'll be online tonight....I need to know you are home safe. BTB knew that I would only worry. That's what friendship is all about. Worrying about the people you care about. So SIL, CCF, NW, NN, GTB and BTB, Holli and Faith, Moggie and Pickle, Steph and Willow.......if I worry, it's because I care!

Soon, maybe sooner than you think (wink wink) we will go to see GTB and BTB again. We'll have another bbq in the rain....we'll walk accross the beach and talk about the sun rays, the girls will gossip while the guys go and fetch the milk chasers. And I bet I'll still turn round and answer him when GTB calls me "Whisky".

Hopefully it won't just be one visit. Hopefully there will be many more to come. Not all in one year (don't panic)......but for many more years.

Drive safely, sing loudly, but most of all be happy!

Love to all

Whisky

xxxxxxxxx

P.s. I got hugs as they left too yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home