Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, May 22, 2006

Five Things..........

Another post borrowed from Holli.....but she did mention she had tagged the univers so anyone could join in ;)

The idea is, self explanatory really, describe five things in various places......so here goes.

5 Things in my fridge

1. Milk and lots of it. I am still drinking my milky coffee's. It seems to be the one thing that is helping me put the weight on....along with something else I'll mention in a moment. I only have one or two cups a day, but I have that much coffee in it you could stand your spoon in it LOL.

2. Cheese. Only Davidstow will do. Strong but no afterbite. In a sandwhich with mayonnaise, and pickle sauce (branston pickle without the lumps) another weight gaining food for me!

3. Beer. Most of the time our fridge is groaning. Not with food, but with the various bottles of beer squeezed into any space available by hubby. You got to put your hand on the butter and come out with a bottle of beer!

4. Archers Passion Explosion. Hmmmmm! An alcopop. Archers, but not the usual peach one. This one has passionflower, mango, pineapple and coconut....and is scrummy. A nice refreshing drink.

5. Liz Earl Eye Bright. When I was working and earning my own money, one of the things I would treat myself to was Liz Earle's beauty products. They are completely natural with no chemicals or perfumes, and having sensitive skin they suit me really well. The eye bright is best kept in the fridge. On a hot day, or if your eyes are tired or feel crummy, soak two cotton wool pads in eye bright and relax with them on your eyes. It's wonderful. I tried this once. I had seen it on the telly where they did one eye and not the other and it was amazing, but I didn't believe it. I thought they had cut away, made up one eye and not the other and then cut back. So me being me, I tried it. One eye covered with a pad covered in eye bright for ten minutes and one eye not. Amazing! My one eye was bright, refreshed, the skin tighter, the eye whiter, and it felt wonderful. The untreated eye was dull, dark circles underneath and felt tired and scratchy. If you don';t have room in the fridge for the bottle, soak your cotton wool pads in it, then pop them in the fridge for half an hour before using......highly recommended.


5 Items In My Closet

1. My beautiful black shoes that I wore to my wedding reception nearly 14 years ago. I had to wear high heels as hubby is 6ft and I'm only 5ft2". I saw these shoes and fell in love with them. I bought my night time outfit aroud the shoes and was so proud. Then I realised, I had bought the shoes after traipsing round town all day and my feet were swollen. They were a size too big!!!!! So on the night I stuffed tissue paper down the toes....don't tell anyone! They are still in my wardrobe, only ever worn on that night.

2. Sleevless dresses/shirt dresses. Being a shorty, these dresses seem to suit me. Fitted waist, collar buttons down the front. They make me look taller, slimmer and I feel confident wearing them. The fact that my wardrobe is filled with a variety of sizes of clothes too makes it fun! I have "poorly dresses" for when I have lost loads of weight, and "bigger dresses" for times like now when I look healthy and need a slightly bigger size.

3.Nightclothes. I have to admit, I'm a pyjamaholic. Anything purple, pink, comfy or matching and I have to have it. Hubby started me off by one christmas buying me a pj set with matching socks. It all spiralled out of control recently when Tesco expanded their nightwear section......and I hear the Primark which is coming to our town soon has a whole floor of nightwear!!! Aaaaaaargh.

4. Shoe box of photo's. It's almost like a memory box, but mainly pictures. Me at college, me in France on a school trip with a long lost best friend. Me and my dog Griff, me and my dog Buttons, pictures of a dog we had for a while but had to give away :( he was a rottweiler doberman cross called Spike....completely untrainable, but I loved him to bits. I always look at these to remember my childhood.

5. Handbags/purses. Typical woman. I think I've kept every handbag I've ever owned. It's fun to sort through them and find thing you had forgotten you had. I recently found a hairbrush I used to use when my hair was so long I could sit on it. As I'm growing my hair again I resurrected it. Yes I did wash it first!! One question for the women.....guys cover your eyes now! Why is it with every handbag you find, you find copious amounts of tampons! Strange.

5 Items In My Car

Considering I haven't been able to drive my car for apprx 2 years I'll need to think about this one LOL.

1. Sunglasses clip!. This was given to me by my Aunt when we visited her in Australia. She had one in her car, they slide onto your rearview mirror and hold your sunglasses. She realised my favourite colour was purple and brought me and hubby one each as part of our leaving presents. It sits proudly in my car always holding my sunglasses in a place that's easy to reach..

2. CD player. My Mum and Dad and hubby bought me this about 4 years ago for my birthday. I had a man come to my works to fit it for me....and it's truly had a blasting. I love nothing more than to drive on a sunny day with my favourite music playing full blast singing along.

3.Works Car Pass. Still stuck to my sindscreen. Hopefully it will be put to good use soon.

4. Box. In my boot/trunk, I have a plastic crate style box. In it is a bottle fo water for topping up radiator or screen wash. A first aid kit. A blanket, you never know when you might want a picnic! A cusion with my initial on it made for me by my sister. Various pink and purple piggies. A green toy witch broomstick and all, I can't remember why but it's there!

5.Jumper/cardigan/jacket. For some unknown reason, there is always someting like this on my back seat! I "lost" a black cardigan two years ago.....I've just remembered where it is.

5 Items In My Handbag/Purse

1.Tablets. I have to keep my painkillers nearby, so there is always a strip or two in my handbag.

2.Pink and black circular zip purse. Hubby bought me this last year for Christmas. Its pink, the same colour as my phone, it has a mirror attached on a ribbon, that slots into the back. My Mother in Law for chrismtas as a stocking filler brought me a circluar piggy notebook, which fits perfectly into the same slot as the mirror. I use it for.....guess what.....yes putting my tablets in.

3. Tampons. SOrry guys, but they are always there.

4.Lipstick. I have about four different lipsticks in my current handbag. Some cheap, some expensive. But do I use them! Naaaaah.

5. House keys. One time when I was in the hospital, I used to sit up in the bed and look around the room. My Mum and Dad said I looked like a meerkat. I have a meerkat on my keyring and I love it!

So there you go. A little peep into my world. A word of warning though. DOn't try and open my wardrobe.......you might disappear forever under a tumbling pile of clothes!!!!!

Love to all, especially Holli for the inspiration, and tagging of the universe.

Whisky (aka G&T)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 Comments:

At May 22, 2006, 8:32:00 PM , Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm so glad you did this - I loved your list.. especially the disclaimer about tampons... pftz.

Haven't driven in how long? Can I join you in that mission?? I hate driving!!

I need to read the post below now!

 
At May 26, 2006, 10:14:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's going on ? I need my daily dose and you are not posting, just give your hubby some washing up to do ( or building BBQs)to keep him quiet for 5 mins and give me some sanity !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home