Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, January 29, 2007

Shine, For Someone Special

The weekend was lovely, hubby home, shopping done, lots of snuggling, talking and I love you's.

This week he's "conveniently" (as long as all goes to plan), back on Thursday evening. As soon as he told me I realised he is coming home to see how I cope with my full day at work. Bless him for checking up on me :)

Lots of text messages were sent to someone who doesn't normally smoke, yet was texting me to ask me to save them an orange cigarette as they were puffing on a hookah pipe! Tutt Tutt.

Also a special Happy Belated Birthday to A, Sammy the dog's dad, for Sunday. I did send a text wishing him happy birthday but got no reply :( I wanted to ring and play the magical birthday cake to him! Boooohooo.

On Thursday evening there was a special preview of a bands new single. A band I used to like before they broke up, and who have now reformed. I recorded it.

For some reason last night I kept playing it over and over and over. The lyrics were trying to tell me something, but I didn't know what. Then I realised, they weren't for me. They were for someone who needs these words much more than I do.

You,
You’re such a big star to me,
You’re everything I want to be,
But you’re stuck in a hole,
And I want you to get out,

I don’t know what there is to see,
But I know it’s time for you to lead,
We’re all just pushing along,
Trying to figure it out, out, out
Oh your anticipation pulls you down,
When you can have it all,
You can have it all, all , all

So come on, so come on, get it on,
Don’t know what you’re waiting for
You’re time is coming don’t be late, hey hey
So come on, see the light on your face
Let it shine, just let it shine, let it shine,

Stop,
Being so hard on yourself,
It’s not good for your health,
I know that you can change,
So clear your head and come round,
You only have to open your eyes,
You might just get a big surprise,
And it may feel good,

And you might want to smile, smile, smile,
Don’t you let your demons pull you down,
‘Cos you can have it all,
You can have it all, all all,

So come on, so come on, get it on,
Don’t know what you’re waiting for
You’re time is coming don’t be late, hey hey
So come on, see the light on your face
Let it shine, just let it shine, let it shine,

Hey, let me know ya,
You’re all that matters to me,
Hey, let me show ya,
You’re all that matters to me

So come on, so come on, get it on,
Don’t know what you’re waiting for
You’re time is coming don’t be late, hey hey
So come on, see the light on your face
Let it shine, just let it shine, let it shine,

People will presume it's for hubby, but it's not. This person will hopefully read the blog, and they will know that most of the words, I stress not ALL of them, are for them. I've always known I have connections with certain people, and intuition sometimes. I know now, that deep down I knew this person was troubled, but I didn't know why. Maybe me recording the video was me picking up on something, maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe me playing it over and over until I knew the words off by heart was someone calling out to me. ut at the time I didn't know who, why or where.

Now I do. I don't think it's coincidence. I think it's fate. I think it's my link to people's feelings and emotions without even knowing it. Someone maybe thousands of miles away, but I can still sense when they are in need of a virtual hug. Or, some song lyrics that might mean something to them without seeming patronising.

I have a very strong link with another friend. I know that when I see the sun rays through the clouds we are thinking of each other. We can think exactly the same thing at the same time, I think that right now that she might need me as well......but is hesitant for some reason. Maybe it's pride, maybe it's a worry that I may repeat things to other people, which she should know by now I won't. Or maybe it's a fear that I will judge or take sides. I can promise you now that will NOT happen. The two people I am mentioning here mean as much to me as my family does. We may be hundreds or thousands of miles away from each other, but I still feel your pain and your confusion and worry.

If you need to lean on me I am here.

Maybe the lyrics will mean different things to different people, maybe everyone that reads this might take a chance, and learn to shine. I am not, and will not ever try to force my opinions on anyone. I only offer words of hope. Written by someone, put to music and transformed into a song.

I often listen to songs and can relate to them. Anastacia - left outside alone, Kelly Clarkson - Because of You, etc etc etc, but from my point of view. This one however was meant for someone else, and I don't think that has happened to me before.

I only hope these words are taken in the right way. Not as an instruction, a patronisation, or a judgement. Just to let someone know I am thinking of them, and I care.

For now, I'll leave you to ponder.

And Sis In Law, yes I was up at 12.35. I was up at 9am waiting for my Avon delivery. I was out ding dong Avon calling at my Mum's when you rang :)

Stay strong, be true to yourself, put yourself and those closest to you first and you can do no wrong.

Love and hugs across the miles

Whisky

xxxxxxxxx

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home