Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, January 19, 2007

Whisky In A Pickle

Yes, I'm in a pickle, and possible in trouble, and was up until a few moments ago in floods of tears.

Yesterday work was extremely extremely busy. Two people down on sales, two people left, me being only there for half a day, and a very kind person from another department helping us. There were orders like I have never seen before. It's as if the customers know when we are short staffed and save up their orders for then.

Amongst this I was called up to a meeting room to see Boss S. Without going into too much detail, even though I have only been back at work for approx two months, they have awarded me a pay rise.

I was gobsmacked. We, as a team, finally managed to get all of the orders on and I made my way home. No I didn't do the weekly shop as mentioned yesterday, I was too exhausted.

I spoke to Mum and mentioned about the pay rise, and then it clicked. I could be in deep deep trouble.

The letter was dated 8th January, I was given it on the 18th January, and the pay increase would be effective from the 1st January. This would mean, that for the last three weeks I have been, without knowing it, over my allowance to be entitled to my disability payments!!!! Panicccccccccccccccccc.

Hubby rang, I discussed it with him, we worked out my new hourly rate, and I worked out how much per week I was earning over my allowance, all of £2.53. But it was still fraud!

This morning I rang the relevant department and spoke to a lovely chap. I explained I had previously filled in a form declaring my earnings, that I was due to ring him this week anyway to advise that as from next week I would be over that, and need to be disqualified from benefit payment. Then I turned into jelly, burst into tears and told him I could be in trouble. I explained the situation and he immediately told me not to worry. Yes I was over the allowance, did I know I was up until yesterday, NO! He told me it was totally out of my hands and I had done nothing wrong. This months payment may well be recalled as it has already been payed out......but he thought that could be unlikely as I am only over my weekly allowance by pence.

I have to write a letter to them explaining the situation and wait for it to be reviewed.

There's me, worried the police will come knocking on my door over an overpayment of £2.53, when there are other people out there who get thousands of pounds from disability payments and are found to be not ill at all. They are watched by people with video camera's. Claiming they have an injured back, carrying boxes, wheeling wheelbarrows, on holiday water ski ing and still claiming their payments. They are the people that are de frauding the system.......me, I just got caught out unawares. But I still got upset. That's how genuine a person I am. How honest I am, hoe worried about getting into trouble I am.

If every person was like me, the government would have lot more money to put into things like hospitals and schools. But not everyone is as genuine as I am.

So, I'm quickly blogging before I go to see Clever Crafting Friend. Hopefully my eyes won't be puffy by then!

Then I will get home, and hubby will either be on his way, or already there. Wooohoooooo!

I love Fridays! A whole weekend of hubby, snuggles, cuddles, tickles, talking, laughter and most importantly, love.

I've gone from upset Whisky to mushy Whisky :) all in one blog.

This is one of the reasons I adore blogging. It's an outlet for my panics, for my thoughts, for my dreams and aspirations. It keeps me in touch with my friends, whether near to me, or thousands of miles away. I can be the "real" me on here.

Anyway......have a brilliant weekend guys and gals.

Lots of love and Whisky hugs for all

Whisky


xxxxxxxx

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Jan 22, 2007, 5:57:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

my dear dear whisky....i'm finally back.

You wouldn't believe how much i miss all my blogging friends.

Whisky, i want to thank you so very much for all your mails, comments and beautiful posts. thanks for checking up on me and moggie so often too. you guys are really something.

will be checking in on you again as usual, hope you post soon! take care and God bless.

 
At Jan 26, 2007, 7:32:00 AM , Blogger Madwag said...

Don't worry about it... the chap you spoke to is right... it is out of your hands and isn't your fault. Don't cry butterfly :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home