Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, January 12, 2007

Windmills Of My Mind

Everyone has a little windmill in their mind. It's the windmill that keeps their thoughts ticking over. Their "inner voice". I've decided that it's the wind going in your ears and nose that keeps the windmill turning.

After all, there are now windfarms to provide electricity, maybe it's not the heart pumping blood to the brain that helps us think, but the windmill turning.

Sometimes our windmills turn slowly, like when we are mentally and physically exhausted, sometimes they whizz round, a million revolutions a minute. That's when our minds go into overdrive and help us through a hectic thought process.

I'll admit, in the past my windmill has become a little rusty. It squeaked as it turned, and most of the time the thoughts it produced were silly. But now my brain is being used fairly regularly at work, sort of the equivalent of using WD40 on a squeaky hinge, my windmill has it's own gears, and can go from turning slowly to full speed ahead within seconds.

Yesterday I walked into work, one person down due to holidays, and was told that the faxes had been literally streaming of the machines all morning, therefore hundreds of orders. To some this would be their idea of hell, to me, heaven. Our structure for orders at work, is regular orders or "routes" sent on our own transport, and "overnights" sent on carriers for delivery next day. Up until about 2.00pm routes take priority, then the overnights have to be frantically keyed before 4.15pm.

I asked my team leader which she wanted me to key, and it was routes. I didn't pick out the orders I wanted to do and therefore leave some in the tray, no, I grabbed them all.

My windmill cranked up, my brain was in full gear, and I was in full swing. I even spotted silly mistakes by customers on orders. i.e. a code pulls up a description on our system, and the customers, mostly, provide us with the code, along with their description. One code on one order didn't match the description. I could have just entered the code and left it at that, but no, I rang them to check. Sure enough the code was wrong, therefore the order would have been delivered incorrectly, and it would have been my fault. Windmill working well.

All routes keyed, onto overnights. Again, I just grabbed them all. Occasionally I would walk to the fax machines, sort out the orders, and just add them to my pile. By 4.30pm all were done. What a team me and my windmill are. What a team we are in the office. How I love work!!!

When I got home, my windmill was still running on fast. I made myself sit on the sofa, the desire to go upstairs and empty my wardrobe and sort my clothes had to be stopped! It would have resulted in overburn. My windmill would have been damaged, and so would my strength, and possibly my health.

Milky coffee stirred a hundred times, tv on, feet up, and soon I was relaxed, and my windmill had slowed right down to the same speed as my heartbeat.

Of course, our windmills, like our stomachs and bodies need fuel. Mine last night was pancakes! Someone at work, actually it might have been me! had mentioned it was pancake day soon. That was it, I knew I had all of the ingredients in, so pancakes for tea it was.

Upstairs to get changed and use the facilities, and I could hear next door reprimanding their 3 year old in a not very nice way. I could hear her telling her father that she loved him, he reprimanded her all the more. She was begging for Noddy, which I presume is a cuddly toy, and he was effing and blinding and telling her no. I heard her say he was hurting her, I stood there and cried. I've decided, the next time I hear any of this outside the house, like the last time on their drive, I will say something. If it happens again I will report them. I cannot stand the thought of small children being scarred mentally because their parents cannot reprimand them in a civilised way.

Anyway, hubby rang, we chatted and chatted, and both looked forward to him coming home today.

Back downstairs, comfy on the settee, I watched Celebrity Big Brother, which due to it's mind numbing stupidness, brought my windmill to a complete standstill. Then I watched Criminal minds, and my windmill showed signs of interest by cranking up a notch and helping me work out who the criminal was!

Exhausted, me and my windmill went to bed.

So......if you think your thoughts are random, if you think your mind is in overdrive, think of your windmill. Take a deep but slow breath, take a minute or to to calm down and let your windmill rest. Serenity will be yours, and your windmills.

Stupidly enough, today I didn't know what to write, I looked out into my back garden, saw my mini silver windmill in the border, and that was it. It all clicked into place. Maybe the windmill of my mind, had connected with the windmill in my garden.

Happy Friday to all. Look after your windmills!

Hugs a plenty

Whisky

xxxxxxx

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home