Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Unknown Title LOL

I couldn't think what to call today's post, so it's Unknown.

Yesterday at work, yet again, the Q (quiet) word had obviously been mentioned. With me only working afternoons (at the moment) I am covering the lunch period, and boy were the phones busy! I had a training session in the afternoon, on how to be safe in the warehouse, and I even got to sit in, and move the forks back to safe position on a diesel forklift truck!!

After that I had my review with Boss S, and the next increase of hours has been agreed. Soon, I will be working two afternoons, and one full day. Thursday was the best option for this, as it means I have a four day weekend to recover! Eventually I will work full days on Tuesdays too, and my main aim is to see if my body can cope with three full days! Boss S seemed fine with this as an ultimate outcome. But, this time, if I don't think I can cope I will back off. Things are going to well healthwise at the moment for me to be silly, think I can do things that I can't, and knock myself right back to the beginning.

I'm not wonder woman, I will never be 100 percent, and I have finally admitted this to myself. What I have is a lifetime disease, but I will do whatever I can to lead a normal a life as possible. I love work......I look forward to going in, seing the people, talking to the customers on the phone, entering orders, doing quotes, filing. That just goes to show that when you are in the "right" job it can be fun. No offence to anyone from V here. But thinking back, I don't know why I didn't just tell them to stick their job where the sun didn't shine.

These last two and a half years have proved to me that my health and happiness is much much more important than earning a wage. I value my family and friends more than money. I value being able to sit, walk, lie in a bubble bath and work, more than risking my health by over stressing myself. For once I have found a manager who appreciates that, and looks out for me at work like my Mum does.

Ooooooh! I've just thought, not long to Valentine's day! I must ask Holli where she got her pink heart from, if it was Target I may be able to order online and get it here in time for hubby :)

Yes, he's a man.......but he has a soft side too awwwwww bless.

As always we spoke on the phone last night.He'd had a bad day as only one ip address was available where he is training, that mean that him and his colleague had to tke it in turns to work on the internet, and catch up on e mails. Bless hime, he has a job to do.....using the internet training facility, and they can't even get that sorted for them! He asked for a new ip address before Christmas and it's still not done. Mind you, we ordered my new sim card before Christmas and that still hasn't come yet either!!! Ggggrrrrrrr.

So, another afternoon of work ahead, another night of washing, tidying up, eating and resting ready for Mum coming round tomorrow, and me going to work. Then before I know it, it will be Friday.

I have lots to do on Friday....including going to the post office to send a certain person a special gift in America ;)

And then hubby will be home!!!

I love him, I mis him when he is away, I adore talking to him on the phone every night.....but most of all I love giving him a great big hug as soon as he gets home. The first thing he says........."I missed you"...........my baby!

Blimey.....mushy Whisky or what!

Anyway, time for this little Whisky to go get ready for work. And if anyone says the "Q" word today......good on them, it keeps me busy, and it keeps the profits rolling in!!

Love and hugs to all

Whisky

xxxxxxxxx

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Jan 11, 2007, 6:21:00 AM , Blogger Sean Carter said...

Well we are halfway through Jan and Valentines Day is not far away....an in no time we'll find people running around for gifts and stuff...so i guess this is the right time to prepare for all the Valentines Day celebrations..and hey if you want some ideas and suggestions you can drop by my blog sometime and check out all the stuff i've posted on Valentines Day and related stuff...so visit soon and i'm sure you're gonna enjoy it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home