Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We Have Snow!

It only started at midnight last night, but it looked thick and heavy, light floaty flakes that covered the ground within seconds. When I got up this morning, there was still the odd scattering around, but it looks like the the roads are frozen over.....black ice, I hope not!

Thanks to Avon no longer accepting cheqies via the post office, I have to make yet another visit to make a payment. I have to get a prescription from the pharmacy, and all of this with some of the roads closed on my way to work!

Today is my Daddy's Birthday!!!!! I know he doesn't read the blog.....but him and Mum mean the world to me. They have done so much for me and hubby throughout my illness. They let me stay with them after a particularly long hospital stay. They ran my bath for me every morning, brought me breakfast in bed, let the nurses in who were doing my dressings, helped me downstairs and settled me on the sofa. Cared for me whilst I was in pain, and embarrassed.

So......today is my Dad's day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!

Work yesterday, again one person down was busy. But it was fun. The people that are there are fun, caring, and hard working. It makes for a pleasant few hours at work. The majority of the customers are fun too. They understand me when I incorrectly enter a code for a stock check and tell them my brain isn't connected to my fingers, or even try and enter the stock check on my calculator!! Dippy Whisky.

Home last night, milky coffee, washing, out to collect the lady's Avon money and give her her cheque back, collect some more books. I had a quick bath to warm me up as it was freezing! Hubby rang and we had a lovely chat.....I miss him more this week, but that's due to the "monthly's".

A late dinner and watched tv. I was just heading upstairs when I heard the tapping on the roof. Turned on the outside light, and there were the snowflakes drifting down to the ground.

A beautiful way to end a day.

I must fly.

Hugs to all

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Jan 24, 2007, 4:40:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

happy birthday, Whisky's dad!

 
At Jan 25, 2007, 7:08:00 PM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I came by way of create a connection and started reading about your illnesses. I have ALS and now I have a rare skin disease called Pleva. Your's is more severe but very simular. I guess our chronic stuff brought it on. I have done SPC too but took time off but you did great!

Nice to meet you! Fun blog and a big hug for dad :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home