Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Peaceful Sunday........Not!

Saturday was filled with lie ins, dozes, eating, and yet more dozes. I gave myself my B12 injection about two weeks ago. I have to have injections as the vitamin B12 is absorbed my your lower intestine, or Ileum. This is the part of me that was removed when I had my bag fitted, hence it being called and Ileostomy. Anyway, ever since then, for 13 years now, every three months I have to have a B12 injection.

I used to have to go over to the doctors and book in, wait for my appointment and then the nurse would do my injection. About three years ago, the nurse told me I was more than capable of doing the injections myself, to save time, and enable me to do the injections when I needed it, rather than wait another week for her to do it.

I know when I need the injection, firstly I get tired easily, secondly I don't sleep as well. I give myself the injection, which is fun in itself!, and then for the first two or three nights I sleep like a baby, then for about a week to a fortnight I hardly sleep at all at night, but doze throughout the day. Strange.

The B12 is injected into a muscle, normally my right thigh as I am left handed, it is then send through the blood cells in your muscle into your liver where it is stored and dispersed as your body needs it. It's great fun doing the injection. I get to snap the top off my own vial of bright pink liquid, I get to open a sterile needle, draw the fluid into the syringe via the needle, and that's when the fun begins.

Of course you have to "flick" the needle to disperse any air in the syringe to the top. Then you have to gently push the plunger until the air is forced out, and the liquid begins to appear. Easier said than done. I flick ferociously, I don't want even the slightest air bubble, then I try and gently push the plunger. With air in there there is some "stiffness" at first. Trying to push gently when you are meeting with resistance isn't easy! Of course, the air shoots out, the plunger shoots up, and the bright pink liquid squirts everywhere. I've tried angling it down the overflow. But this doesn't provide the right angle for the air to come out. So.....it has to be done completely upright.

Needless to say, every time I do my B12 injection I end up redecorating the bathroom. Sink, tiles, windowsill, window, and last time even the ceiling!! Lovely.

Then, gently insert, pull back the plunger slightly to ensure you aren't in a blood vessel and away we go. When the nurses do it I end up with a sore leg and a lovely bruise. When I do it all I get is a small pin prick on the skin. Cool.

Anyway....I'm in post B12 mode. Not sleeping well at night, but dozing throughout the day. I went upstairs for a sleep yesterday afternoon, but due to the neighbours still working, yes still working, on their extension, I couldn't doze off.

Back downstairs, and learnt some of my Spanish from my free cd with The Sun newspaper. I listen to it, write down the phrases in a way I can read, and say correctly, along with the meaning, and away I go.

I even rang Sis In Law last night, trying to be really clever and speaking to her in Spanish.......she didn't even know who it was!! We've decided when we go on holiday together this year, all six of us, that me and her can speak in Spanish and the boys won't understand! Wicked.

Up this morning, and Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest isn't it? Well not here. We have next door doing their renovations along with continuous shouting at each other, and somewhere over the way we have a budding band. The drummer plays at his highest level, on and on, and on, and on, the guitarist seems to do his own thing. I can make out things like Nirvana, but most of the time it's just lets see who can play the loudest! Aaaaaaaargh. A few minutes ago next doors dog was in competition with the drummer.......and losing.

Oh the fun of living in a nice quiet area!!!

Tonight Supernatural with the lovely Jensen Ackles is on ITV2.....I can't wait to see the new series!, and on Wednesday my new man, Eric Mabius is on Film Four in Resident Evil. I have to admit I've seen that film three or four times and always wondered who he was, he is cute in it.....but now I know, and I will watch it again, and again, and again......and record it for posterity.!!!

This week I have a funny week. Monday, day off. Tuesday work in the afternoon. Wednesday work in the afternoon. Thursday day off (when I normally would be working)....but, I have an appointment with my surgeon in the morning, and a hair cut in the afternoon.

Friday, working all day, then straight over to Sis In Laws for a pamper evening. Scrummy! Head massage, and an Angel card reading methinks. I might even treat myself to a set of Angel cards :)

So.....the weekend will come all to quick. I'll be staying over at Sis In Laws, so no doubt Little Miss Pink or Little Miss Purple will wake me, probably by bringing in the Nintendogs at 8am! Aaaaaaargh!.

Enough for today. I'll leave you in peace, whilst I sit hear listening to the sound of trowel on cement, on brick.

Hugs galore

Whisky

xxxxx

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Feb 5, 2007, 3:42:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

hahaha...cracked up when i read abt your neighbour's dog competing with the neighbourhood drummer, whiskey! must've been quite a racket...'Who let the Dog's out...?!'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home