Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Spot The Difference!!

As you know I regularly have hunks which I adore. I did my top ten men, which included, Wentworth Miller, Robbie Williams, Dominic Purcell, Tom Cruise, Dermot O Leary, hubby, and oh.....hubby.

Recently added was John Barrowman, a total dish. But.....I've just discovered Ugly Betty on Channel 4. I was hooked on Celebrity Big Brother, and the first to episodes were shown in between the two Friday evening programmes, as a consequence, I used this hour to wash up, get changed, do my hair etc etc, and never really took much notice of the programme. This Friday however I did.

The lead man in the show is simply.......adorable! Tight suits, beatifully colored shirts with matching tie's and hankies in pockets. The way he stands with his hands on his hips, hmmmm. Chiselled jaw line, amazingly blue eyes, lovely thick messed up hair, oh and did I mention his muscles?

Anyway, I instantly fell for this man, but......he reminded me of someone else. So much so that I thought one of our English actors was playing the lead, and not an american man. Instant Google, and I found this. The lead man in Ugly Betty is Eric Mabius. Same age as me. The english actor I was thinking of is Lloyd Owen, quite a few years older. He was in Monarch of the Glenn, and is now in The Innocence project on BBC1. He too is a hunk, the same blue eyes, chiselled jawline, thick hair and did I mentione muscles?

Anyway..apart from Lloyd's scar on his chin, I think these two could be twins, dopplegangers, brothers? I'll let you see for yourselves.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Lloyd Owen, the one on the right obviously! In a lovely suit and tie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Eric Mabius, in a lovely suit and tie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Note the blue eyes, the cheeky grin, the chiselled jaw line......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Oh......did I mention the muscles!!!

What do you think? Do they look alike, are they both extremely dishy, cute, adorable? I only wish I'd watched Ugly Betty from the beginning! I have found, however, that on NTL I can review and record it, and see the next episode tonight before it is aired on channel four on Friday....methinks both dvd recorders might be in action to catch the rest of the season! Then, play, pause, play, pause etc etc etc. Come back hubbyyyyyyyyy!

Yesterday at work I had some wonderful news. At first I was scared whitless being called into an office by Boss S. But, to cut a long story short, instead of filling in weekly time sheets, they are putting me in a contract for the hours I currently work, they will issue me a new contract each time I increase my hours. Boss S announced that she, and the company are perfectly happy for my final, permanent contract to be three working days!!!!!!

No more worrying about whether there will be a position for me with just the hours my body can manage! No more worrying that eventually I might have to tell them my body will not let me work full time! No more worrying!!!

Boss S came back to me and said that the lady in HR is fine with this, as long as I am fine. In other words, they are looking after me so well it is unbelievable! I was over the moon. I texted everyone I could think of with the news, and I got some wonderful texts back. I have such a support network around me of friends, family and work colleagues and bosses that it is unbelievable. Now is the time I find out who my friends are, and how much people think of me.......and that means so much to me.

Gone are the days of worrying if someone is watching me through the letterbox, calling themselves a friend. Welcome to the days when I have people I know I can turn to, people I can talk to, people I can text at any moment and get support and care.

It makes me so proud! It makes me so happy :)

Of course when I spoke to hubby he analysed it financially....but all is well in Whisky land.

So, have you decided yet....do they look alike?

Maybe you need to look some more (wink wink).

Hugs galore

Whisky


xxxxxx

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Feb 2, 2007, 6:15:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Wow!! I hadn't seen the photos you had posted of yourself as a young woman!! Absolutely lovely!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Wishing only the best life has to offer for you!!

Sunshine and smiles to ya from Texas!!

Hugs galore!!!!!!

-Countrygirl

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home