Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, February 02, 2007

UK Alert!!!

If you live in the UK I have a SERIOUS alert for you.

Tonight on channel 4 at 9pm Ugly Betty is on, including the gorgeous Eric Mabius. Not only that.....but at some point next week, (Time to be confirmed as soon as I have a copy of next weeks tv guide). Resident Evil is on on Film 4, of course starring Eric Mabius. He is the hunky policeman who ends up in the sleeveless white tight tee shirt.

Ok alert over.

Wednesday night, I had a play, with my hair. I washed it, and instead of blow drying it with my new fandangled hairdryer that straightens as it drys, and then straightening it again as I have soooo much hair. I decided to go for the curly look. One of the perks of doing Avon is that you can buy the odd thing at a cut down price. I bought two sets of six bendy curlers. Sort of like bright pink liquorice sticks that you bend in your hair. I sectioned my hair into twelve, twisted it round into ringlets, and wrapped it around a curler. I blasted my hair for ten minutes each side with the hair dryer. Was it dry? Naaah. So. I sat in these curlers all night. Eleven pm, was it dry? Naaaah. Sooo much hair I tell you. So. Me being me, and knowing if I took the curlers out now my hair would just be frizzy for work on Thursday. I slept in these liquorice shaped curlers. They were actually unbelievably comfortable!

Up at 6am on Thursday, breakfast and juice, bath, dress, get everything ready for a day at work. Flask of milky coffee, energy drinks, coke, pen, etc etc etc. Last minute before I left I took out the curlers and combed my hair.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Not afraid to show my awful side, this is how I looked last Thursday after my 1st full day at work. Exhausted!! and, flat straightened hair clinging to my head.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting From the front.....curls galore! I did manage to tame it down just a little as I thought it was slightly toooo big LOL..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting My best side! :)

I've only just noticed that one side of my hair is blonder than the other!! I must have sat in the sun more on one side on holiday in September, but it just goes to show how much the sunlight can lighten my hair!

Shheeeeesh! I look like one of Charlie's Angels from the 80's!!! Is 80's style hair back in? Please say yes!

Anyway, in the car on the way to work I actually had two men giving me a wink! And when I got out of my car and walked across the car park my hair bounced! I could feel the curls moving :). N from HR was walking in behind me, I turned to hold the door for her, and she saw my face. She told me she was just about to stop me from going in as she didn't know who it was. She then said she didn't realise I had so much hair!!

Quite a few people failed to recognise me as they walked behind me in the office, turning to look at me as they got past then smiling and saying hello. I felt like a new woman!!!

Yet again, I remind you what my ex team leader M said to me at the Christmas works part. Your long hair seems to give you more confidence. I so agree. I feel me again. Like when Delilah cut off so and so's hair. I have my strenght back :)

Work was fine. Team meeting in the morning, training until lunch. I mean 4 hours of training on a range of our products. That's 12 hours training this week! And yes, I have reaped the benefits. I was complimented in the first two training sessions, each with a different trainer. They stumbled whilst looking for a particular product or saying something about a machine, so I passed the product over and explained what they were trying to say. They were amazed that I remembered so much. And to be honest so was I. I had forgotten how much product knowledge I have, and need to do my job properly. I may have mentioned before it's order input, telephone queries, filing and quotations. But when you are talking to a customer, and advising them on what pipe to use at -40 degrees when they are running 98 per cent sodium hypo chloride through their system, you need to know what you are talking about. This after all is life and death in the pipe world!

After a cigarette infused lunch break in my car, and ringing mum to let her know I would be popping in on my way home to show her my hair I resumed work. Or tried to!

They had decided to replace my computer with a new one while I was at lunch. My lunch ended at 2pm. At 3pm my computer was up and running! Filing, getting orders off the fax machines, and standing and waiting isn't much fun when all you want to do is work!

Finally up and running and guess what. The keyboard had no legs, leant backwards, was black, and therefore reflected the light back into my eyes. IT man back upstairs to swap over to my old keyboard.

Guess what, word doesn't work, TPA (phone system on pc) doesn't work, dps (Internal order check system) doesn't work. Was it worth it?????

I finally left at 5pm feeling as if I had been no use whatsoever in regard to Sales, but knowing I had learnt a lot during my training. Oh yes.....On Wednesday one person had a bad cold. Now.....three people have a bad cold. In the training room yesterday I was surrounded by people who had a bad cold. I was sat in between them pushing my box of tissues taken with me especially for them in between the three of them. I just hope my immune system kicks in and kicks this cold out. I DON'T WANT A NOTHER COLD!!!.

Home, milky coffee and chilled out with some music. hubby rang to say he would be home at 9.30pm. Yayyyyy!

He came home, we ate together, late yes, but it was together. A quick snuggle before he went to bed exhausted and I slept like a baby. My head filled with curls, which Mum and hubby loved, my brain filled with, different typed of pipe, different temperature ranges, different chemical absorptions, different machine fusion types, different solvents, cements and cleaners, different valves, ball valves, actuated valves, strainers, valve check valves, pneumatic valves aaaarrrgggghhh! and did I dream about them?

No I dreamt about tonight with Ugly Betty being on tv.....Eric Mabius starring in that, and Resident Evil on Film four next week.

Did I mention the UK Alert????


Love and hugs

Whisky


xxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

At Feb 3, 2007, 4:46:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to the club of "The Hair-Bear-Bunch" - who cares what's in or out as long as it makes you feel "bouncy" - I like it !

SIL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home