Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

SPC Weeks Black & White



I have racked my brains all week for this. And I just couldn't come up with anything. The camera we have is cr** at night shots. I tried all sorts to take some pictures of some amazing shadows being thrown into our conservatory by the moonlight, but they just didn't work.

Firstly, I hope that V and A don't mind me using Sammy the dog as this weeks focus. It's one of the few pictures I took of him during his last stay with us. Here's the reasoning for using his picture.

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it is said that dogs only see in black and white. They use their other senses like smell and sound more than their eyes I guess, or the power of their eyesight doesn't require them to visualize in color.

So....imagine life from a dogs point of view. Firstly you could be at absolutely any height, from a yorkshire terrier to a great dane. Secondly you can smell another dog, or food from miles away, thirdly, noises can upset you or excite you depending on what they are. The sound of food rattling in your bowl can make you instantly drool, the sound of fireworks can scare the bejesus out of you.

But your view. You see familiar surroundings, the sofa, your food bowls, all in different shades of grey and black and white? Friendly faces, just features outlined. No blue eyes, or red hair. You recognise people mainly by scent.

The outside world, to us a lovely lush green field, brightly colored flowers, blossom on the tree's, white clouds against a brilliant blue sky. To you, is it all one color? can you define a tulip from a rose? A tree in autumn full of reds and golden oranges, do you see that as just grey leaves?

Maybe colors aren't important. Maybe you can tell what we are thinking by the expression on our faces, the tone of our voices?

We know that some animals see in colour, otherwise why would beautiful butterflies be able to camouflage themselves as leaves, or chameleons be able to disapear into their surroundings if they couldn't see in colour? Why would flowers be brightly colored if insects couldn't see the vivid reds and yellows.

Ohhhh. this post has left me totally confused, and probably has you as well. All I know is, that dogs are man's best friend, and maybe we should take a tip from them. Rely more on facial expressions than any other thing?

Hugs

Whisky

xxxxx

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Feb 7, 2007, 8:08:00 PM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

First, your banner is the best i've seen and sam the dog looks just like the my Manny who died in Nov. but much younger. What a treat! Nice post!

 
At Feb 9, 2007, 8:54:00 AM , Blogger Blondie said...

I loved your twist on the theme of black and white. You have totally inspired me to have my Murphy-boy (English Springer) in my next SPC.

 
At Feb 13, 2007, 9:53:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nate is not a dog!!!

Okay, I have GOT TO GO TO BED!!! You're up and I haven't hit the sack?? I'll read your new one when I... wake up??? erm?

btw - on the mug, do you mean the word "hug" or "o" like xoxoxo?

confused?

btw - the roses on that wreath were silk. They look exceptionally real. So they wouldn't die.

 
At Feb 14, 2007, 2:31:00 PM , Blogger Vedrana M. said...

interesting topic...thank you for sharing your thoughts, really nice :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home