Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Coincidences In A Small World

The last two days have been filled with little "coincidences" that sometimes have freaked me a little to say the least.

Remember, There is only Boss S, and supervisor S that I know from before I went off work ill. So, I'm on a learning curve getting to know the "new" people I am working with. Yesterday I asked someone for some help with the research for my book. This person was there originally, but at the company Murder Mystery Night she mentioned she was studying certain things that interested me, and would be helpful for my research. She automatically said I could pick her brains any time. So.....she came into the office and I asked for her help on stalking. I instantly felt as if I had put my foot as far into my mouth as it would go. I didn't realise that along with studying behavioural psychology she had in fact been stalked herself! I was so shocked and immediately apologised. She was fine with it, she can now look back on the experience and laugh about it, even though she was scared witless at the time. She said she would help me still. But that coincidence really freaked me out!

K in the office overheard this, and said he too was tring to write a book! Another coincidence. Two in one day in fact.

Anyway, a full day today, and one of the conversations I had led to me saying I had studied for three years at drama college, and then sung in a band. J in the office then said he had also acted, and sung in a band! Wooooooohhhh Spooky! We both have a wicked sense of humour, and sometimes can tell what the other is thinking, it's so funny. Yesterday I literally reduced myself to tears laughing at something we were saying. My thoughts carried on, and I began with a little chuckle, before long the whole office was either wondering where the witchlike laughter was coming from, or looking at me rather strangely. Needless to say it involved chocolate and cream!

I like the atmosphere we have there now. It's slightly different to before, but Boss S has chosen the people who work there now, and she has a real knack for choosing people that will fit together, not just in a working relationship, but in a good atmospheric way as well.

I was slightly upset last night. Hubby rang me to wish me a happy valentines day, he thanked me for his presents and I thanked him for mine. He then said "You didn't get the flowers I sent did you?" I replied "No, what flowers, what do you mean?"

He then reeled off a story of how both him and his colleague had ordered bouquets to be sent to their valentine through the same website. His colleague later asked if he had received his e mail confirmation. Hubby hadn't. He hadn't confirmed the order!!!

Does this remind you of the SIM CARD SAGA?! It does me.

He even said he had e mailed Boss S to let her know then realised she was on holiday. That was why he told me that he had sent me flowers, but he hadn't. I did ask him why he had even told me. He replied that he was worried Boss S would ask what my flowers were like, then I would say "what flowers". I told him he should have just sent her another e mail explaining his mistake, covering his tracks, and then I would have known nothing of the non existent flowers!

In our 19 years together, nearly 15 years of marriage he has not once sent me flowers. The one time he tries to he gets it wrong bless him. I told him to send them me another time, you never know, miracles can happen!!

I spoke to my Chinese Friend last night. SHe was concerned about some of the stuff on the blog. It's so hard to know what to write on here. Originally when I started it, there was no one that read it that knew hubby, and hubby wouldn't read it, he "doesn't do" reading. But now, through his work, both Chinese Friend, and French Friend, are just what their names indicate. Friends. But they both either work with hubby, or have worked with hubby. We all know each others husbands, we go out together in either a four or a six.

I don't want people to think wrong of hubby. I don't want to influence anyone's opinions of him. But I do tend to write about my grudges and annoyances. Like my Avon manager, or the neighbours, with no fear of repercussion. So......I've stepped over the boundary, shared stuff about hubby, that if he ever finds out I have written on here, or talked about with others will really, really, really annoy him. I know I can trust people.

But maybe the reason I did it was brought to life last night. Chinese buddy talked to me, and listened to what I had to say. What she didn't realise was, that by the end of the conversation I was yet again in tears. It breaks my heart to think of hubby in such a bad way. I love him to pieces. He has literally kept me alive over the last few years, and I mean that honestly. So to criticize him in such a way is really really hard to do, but it has had such an impact on me I needed to let things out.

She summed it up last night by saying that girls CAN talk without fear of repercussions. Women open up more to each other than men do. Women are more emotional, therefore they can understand other women's feelings in a way men can't.

I know I always say this, my friends mean the world to me. Up until about three years ago, I thought I only had one or two real friends. Now I know different. They say in times of trouble, difficulty, or need you find out who your real friends are. I truly have. Bouquets of flowers on my return home from hospital, phone calls, visits, text messages, little presents that mean the world to me, cards, etc etc. People who are willing to take the time to visit me, both at home or at the hospital because they knew I couldn't get out of the house. Who are now willing to let me visit them.

People who I can talk to about things, and find they feel the same way. About perfectionism in DIYing...shopping on a Saturday in Tesco..literally anything from A through to Z. Yes hubby and my parents and Sis In Law and her family have pulled me through the tough times. But my friends have done just as much, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I want us to grow old together. To swap crocheting tips holding a crochet hook in one hand and a walking stick in the other. To talk about our love of pigs and cows, crystals and pink things as we help each other into our stanner stair lifts. To still be training Nintendogs as we use our motorised wheelchairs. To walk dogs in France, or visit China when we are one hundred and two. To watch sunrays together as we pop our dentures into a pot, (no offence Sunray Child). To learn together and be friends forever.

College buddy is coming to see me tomorrow. We've known each other for 18 years. Grown apart, then reclaimed our friendship and our memories. She honored me by letting me do a reading in the church when she got married. Like me she adores Robbie Williams, and she (luckily) has met every member of Take That. Tomorrow we will talk as if it was the first day we met. We will hug as if we haven't seen each other for years even though it has only been weeks.

Look......I'm getting really mushy here. I just want my friends to know I care, I think of them daily. All of them, each one an individual, but each one a friend.

Please, today, or tomorrow, or next week, even next month, let your friends know you care. I have today, as I have in the past, and will in the future.

Be proud to have friends, and be proud to BE a friend.

Take care.

Love and Hugs, and thankyou to "My Friends" and yes I'm afraid that does include you SIL!!!

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels:

3 Comments:

At Feb 15, 2007, 8:20:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

which pot do I belong in then ? Remember - we are not related- you are my husbands SIL !
I'd rather be a friend, as we all know you can't chose family

 
At Feb 16, 2007, 8:53:00 AM , Blogger Whisky said...

Hah Haaaaaa! Well put anonymous, and we both know which family we wouldn't choose.......mmmeeeeeeooooowwww!!!

Still in shock that I have been "converted" to the F word!

Hugs

Whisky

xxxx

 
At Feb 18, 2007, 5:32:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky, my friend from afar!! Thank you so much for the lovely visit and healing hugs! I really needed them! I'll send you an email!

Love from Texas!,

Countrygirl

XXXXXXXXX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home