Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'll Wear My Badge With Pride

Work went well, we had a laugh about Valentine's day, and managed to catch up on all of the quotes that had come in in leaps and bounds. One of the girls (who started there while I was off ill) mentioned that I fitted into the team perfectly! Ahem, not being funny here, but please remember I have been part of the team for four years now, not two honey. Gggrrrrrrrrrr. Ok so two years were spent lying on my sofa in agony, but my spirit was at work! Meeeeeeeeeeeow! Can you tell that really got my goat! Tssskkkk.

Home, milky coffee, and off I popped to collect the last of my Avon books. When I got home my area manager had text me to ask if I was placing an order. They promised me they would change my area manager!!! Have they? No! I felt like replying with "Why do you constantly feel the need to question my ability, why do you always ask me stupid questions, why do you constantly babysit me like a three year old?". But I didn't. I just sent a one word answer. YES!!!

I entered my orders online, and yet again I am over the £200. Not bad considering I only really have between 10 and 15 regular customers. Although, my hairdresser friend visits an elderly peoples home on a Thursday to do all of the ladies hair. Their Avon rep has stopped doing it, so, she has kindly taken my books in, and brought me a tonne of orders!!! Bless her. She said I was the only person she trusted to be reliable. So, I now have some more regular customers, who apparently can place orders for £100 a time between them. WTG Whisky!

The order is due on Monday, and I will have so much fun opening the boxes and sorting the stuff. It's like Christmas every month for me. I know none of it is mine, but it feels as if it is. I check it for damage, colour or shade etc, tick it on the customer order form and then on the invoice. I bag it up, put in the invoice and the new book with a new order form. It's fun! I love doing things that need organisation!

Oh, and my new territory has finally been given to me. Yes it is within walking distance. But I think giving me 80 odd houses was more to see if I really could do it, rather than give me some territory. Ok, so I only managed 40 houses this time, and got some orders too, but that was because there was only a week to do it in. This time I will be organised and hit the remaining 40 in two shots. I'll use the last campaign rather than the most recent, that way if I "lose" any books it won't matter so much. Some people tend to just leave them in their recycling bin. They cost 39 pence each you know!!!

Anyway, I got up this morning and found a text on my phone. A poem from hubby. Not extremely romantic, but telling me where I could find my valentines card. I opened the drawer and there was a huuuuuge Valentines bag filled with goodies. Robbie Williams pencil set is going straight into work! Some waffle style bathroom stuff, make up bag, slippers, headwrap, and bath pillow, that totally match my summer waffle dressing gown. And......ermmmmm some other stuff that is a bit......you know.

Oh, and the card.....beautiful. It has a lovely red heart badge on it that says "I'm loved to bits!" and I will proudly wear it at work today :)

Speaking of work again, something spooky happened yesterday. I printed off a quotation, went to the printer to collect it, and found some stuff on apartments in Cala D'or Mallorca. Which, is where hubby and I went on our secret holiday in September. Anyway, M from the technical department came and claimed it and told me he was looking for apartments for this years holiday. I told him which apartments we stayed in, thankfully the same ones we stayed in three years ago, were brilliant and I would highly recommend them.

He then told me he had been to Cala D'or last year, in September!!!!! OMG, it was the one of the same weeks hubby and I were there. WHat if he had seen me? SH** we could have been on the same beach, in the same bar or restaurant! I know I've been over all of this with the Disability Rights Commission and my surgeon. I know I was ok to go away. I know I wasn't breaking any rules, and I was enabling my recuperation......but that was close!!!

Avon complete, I sat and watched tv whilst I ate my dinner, then moved into the living room to watch a film. The Excorcism of Emily Rose. In a house on my own. In the dark. A true story. Bad idea. Thankfully I didn't have nightmares!!!

So here I am, blogging before I go to work. Whatever I wear, I will wear my Valentine badge with pride. :)

May I take this chance to wish you all A Happy Valentines Day. I hope cupid makes it a happy one for you!

Hugs and love

Whisky

xxxxx

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home