Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Monday, February 12, 2007

SPC Week 2 - Black & White

For once I am prepared, organised. Thanks to the 4 inches of snow we had last week I have a multitude of ideas for this weeks Self Portrait Challenge, theme being Black and White. Last weeks post provoked quite a few comments, and made a few people think about an animals/dogs point of view.

This week, apart from anything else, I had soooo much fun preparing for and taking these pictures. It made me relive my youth, and for that I am grateful.

The day began with me driving to my parents house doing no more than 10 miles an hour, I don't understand some of the nutters that risk theirs, and other peoples lives by driving any faster than that in the blizzard conditions we had. I took my hubby's advice, drove slowly and in a higher gear than required, and used the gears to bring me to a stop, rather than risking a tail spin in my little car.

Mum and Dad had so much fresh untouched snow, that I just barged outside and decided to make a snowman for the three year old girl who lives next door to them. I did get some funny looks from them as I rolled it down my parents drive and into their back garden, but when I looked later it had been lovingly decorated :)

More of that later, let's get the SPC photo's on first!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I finally realised that the snow in my back garden could be used as a tool, and not just something that looked nice. So.....using a garden candle I wrote this as one of my attempts.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Again I wrote the words "Black and White" in the snow.....using it as a canvas to express the idea.

Then I realised that none of my posts are complete without a .....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Snowy Hug!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Footprints in the snow followed by.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Handprints in the snow, or are they angel wings?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Just to prove how much snow fell.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The daffodils were confused?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting and so was my garden mole!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting My lovingly made snowman, now lovingly dressed :)

Only to find a few doors down.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting A friend of his had joined in the fun!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Even snowmen can be 2 faced!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting or just have one face viewed at a time......

But what's this I see?! Uh Oh, looks like someone has been playing like the birds and the bee's

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Where there was one, now there are two....nothing like a snowman cuddle :)

So, not only is snow a valued event of nature, it can entertain yet at the same time be dangerous, be fun, yet at the same time say something, and be cold but be made to be a warm hug.

I hope you liked the "Snow Show".

Hugs

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Feb 14, 2007, 1:35:00 AM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Loved all your snow pics!!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home