Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Birthday To An Extra Special Someone!



Firstly I have to admit to something. I'm never sure if it's the 24th, 25th, or 26th. Somehow over the years my calendars and diary's date's have been transposed. So, if it's early, it's ok, if it's late, I'm really really sorry, and if it's on the right date.....that's brilliant!

It's ten years since I met her, but it doesn't seem that long yet at the same time seems longer if that makes sense. When I first started my old job she was the lady who took me under her wing, showed me round, encouraged me when I felt defeated. Most importantly, she took the time to get to know me. She understook my concerns about my illness, looked after me, told me when she thought I was overdoing things, and helped to pick up the pieces when I would not be defeated.

Took time out of her busy life to visit me in the hospital and at home, encouraged me to learn new things to help me pass the never ending time. Sent me flowers on my return home. She was there for me, and I hope she agree's that I am there for her.

Clever Crafting Friend..............Happy Birthday!!!!!

May you have the happiest of days, and please.....let me know when I can pop round, as I have something for you!

As you may have guessed, hubby's return yesterday was a little unexpected. He was, for him, extremely early. He was fine after his 6.30am start and then a two hour drive home. Until he sat down. Then he was exhausted. I had a quick bath, and he tucked himself up in bed for a well deserved sleep.

Once he was awake, we had a lovely chinese take away, watched some tv. Then we had a phonecall. As I was watching NCIS, and it seemed quite good, I reached over for the phone and passed it to hubby to answer. It was Mr Bleach. I was half listening to the conversation, half watching the tv. Hubby fibbed to Mr Bleach that I was in bed, exhausted after my busy day at work yesterday......so I had to be quiet.

I reached out for the remote control to turn the tv down, and hubby immediately said "oh I'll just turn the tv down". He really was keeping up the game that I was in bed, until the phone was passed over to Sis In Law. He made an unbelievable comment, one which was true (too much information!), and I immediately had to start stifling my laughter. He admitted I was there, and not in bed, and that was it......I was in hysterics.

My normal laugh is, ermmm loud and witchlike. My hysterical laugh is a combination of withchlike extremely loud laughter, snorts, gasps, screams, more snorts, and the occasional "I can't breathe". I normally run this cycle three times, well poor Sis In Law's ear drums might have been near to bursting point. The tears streaming down my face, I was gone!

Eventually I regained my composure, and spoke to her. Mr Bleach really disappointed that I didn't want to speak to him, I've upset another member of their family now! SIL seemed a little subdued, maybe she is now rethinking our joint holiday. Wondering what might happen if I laugh like that in public. Knowing her she will smother me with a towel or a beach ball to shut me up. The walk away pretending I'm not with her! Oh it will be fun!!!

Hubby went up to bed, and I decided to have a glass of wine, my first since late December! and watch a pre recorded show. I finally went up to bed, nicely tired at 1am.

4am, next door were banging around the house, up the stairs, down the stairs as loud as their feet would stomp. I got up, stomped down our stairs to let them know they had woke me up, sat and had a cold drink and went back to bed about 4.30am.

9am and their children are running riot, they are screaming at each other, and then a huge lorry arrives to make a delivery to them. I gave up and got up. See when hubby is away and our bedroom is a snore free zone, I don't hear the neighbours. Maybe I need to make hubby sleep in the little room at the weekends. He would, and has, slept through anything.

I cannot wait until our new bedroom is decorated. Bliss. A newly decorated room, fitted furniture, and a whole room away from next door. In other words, permanent peace and quiet. That will mean when hubby snores I have the choice of another double bed away from them, rather than a single bed right next to the adjoining wall.

Their extension is still in the making, and it's only been six months! I'm really (not) looking forward to the summer, when I want to sit in the sun in my shorts and bikini top, and he is out their making cement, and bricklaying. It's bad enough having to light incense sticks in your own garden to cover up the smell of next door's doggy doo, without having a "watcher" as well.

I've decided, if the smell is bad this year I will say something, or...call the council. I've read of a woman who was fined for exactly the same thing. If you have dog you don't walk, you shoudl regularly scoop the poop, not leave it their for months on end.

Oh my.......this started out as such a nice post. I'm sorry CCF, but knowing you, you will see the funny side of things :) At least I hope you will.

Anyone got any spare incense!!!


CCF, once again, Happy Birthday, and that's from me and Bborriss. He is still eternally grateful for the handmade cover you made for him. In fact I think you are the only person outside of my family who knows who Bborriss is!!!

Lots of love and extra special Birthday hugs for you.

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Feb 25, 2007, 6:48:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Happy Birthday to your Clever Crafting Friend!! You are very blessed to have her!!

Luv ya and hugs to ya!!!

I'm glad you liked my piggy!! ; )

--Countrygirl

XXXXXXXXXXX

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home