Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Silly Slipper Sunday 2

Yes I remembered. It was late last night when I suddenly jumped off the sofa and grabbed the camera, but I remembered. I was going to "choose" a pair of slippers carefully, maybe with a matching pair of pj's, but as I had left it so late I just decided to take a picture of my slipper socks that I was wearing.

Here we have......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Ten little piggies all cosy and warm in their own piggiefied slipper socks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I managed to peel them off my feet just long enough to take a picture to show you the underside, with the magical "sticky bits" that stop you from slipping and sliding on wooden and tiled floors!

So there we have it, Silly Slipper Sunday 2. I promise I will be more organised next weekend!

Friday, and I had to be up at 7am to take my car in for service. My poor ickle purple car was leaving me, and I wasn't sure for how long. We got to the garage, and I immediately jumped out of my car and got to Mechanic C before hubby did. For at least two years now I have been begging for new wheel trims on my car. The front drivers wheel trim looked gross! Rusted and dirty. So....I asked Mechanic C if he would pop me some wheel trims on to make my ickle car look perfect again. He said he would, and I was over the moon.

Hubby dropped me home, and I then started to get nervous. Would my eleven year old car pass it's mot. Would it need endless work to keep it running. I bought my car second hand from my Dad. When they bought it they chose the number plate as it was my house number, so now it is mine, it is MY house number :) Even though my car is eleven years old it still only has 39,000 miles on the clock. Not bad going hey!

My College Buddy came, and we spent ages talking. Me about my "whatever" audition. And her about her trip to another country to see Take That. Yes she goes everywhere, she is a married woman, but she still follows them round the country, and gets to talk to them and have her picture taken with them. This time they were even in a hotel room slap bang opposite Mark OWen, and therefore had full view of his bedroom antics all night! Tutt tutt.

Sis In Law called, College Buddy left, and Sis In Law and I headed into town. It was fun! We hit a couple of shops before our main aim.....Primark. This has to be the best shop in my town. Bargains galore, and trendy ones too. As soon as we walked in the door we spotted short sleeved tee shirts for £1.50 in a variety of colours. Of course I got one in pink and one in purple. SIL I believe got an orange one. We wandered round, SIL better at hunting through rails than me. She ended up with loads of lovely stuff. We both bought the same coat too. A lovely parka style coat, with fur trimmed hood, inner pull string, zip and buttons, and lovely deep pockets for my Avon stuff. I chose black, and I think SIL went for beige, guess how much? £5.00!!!!

We payed up, and walked out of the store grinning. We both agreed there is no better buzz than getting bargains!

We sat and had a cigarette under cover, and I realised we were right by the famous statue that Holli has previously mentioned. I immediately gave SIL my handbag and trotted off with my mobile phone to take come pictures.

One thing I havent mentioned is that at work on Tuesday I had an accident. I was trying to get some sellotape of a holder without the cutting blade in. I pulled down on the sellotape and promptly broke my nail. Not in the usual straight across fashion, but right down the middle of the nail, and across, way deeper than it should be. There was no way I could remove the piece of nail as it would be extremely painful, and bleed! So, my thumb is covered in two plasters. One over the nail, and one around it to keep the plaster on.

The reason for mentioning this, is that when it came to pressing the relevant buttons on my phone to get to the camera I couldn't do it! I kept trying with my index finger, missing the button, going into text messages, alarm clock, everything but the darned camera! Eventually looking as if I needed some sort of tablet I crossed my hands over each other and managed to take a couple of pictures. It wasn't until we had got back to the house that SIL mentioned how stuupid I looked in the town centre trying to operate my mobile phone.

We headed back to the car, got a pack of soft drinks, got to the car and started drinking as we were both really thirsty. There then ensued a burping contest all the way back to my house. How ladylike are we!!

SIL left, and I lay down on the sofa and was awoken by hubby ringing to say he was on his way home. Chinese for tea, tv on, I snuggled up and fell asleep on him. He was under strict instructions to wake me at a certain time. No more 16 hour sleep ins for me! So Saturday morning the phone rings, I pull the duvet over my head and ignore t. It rings again, I jump out of bed panicking, knowing that it must be serious for someone to ring me again. I answer the phone no one there. Phone down and it rings again. It's hubby telling me it's time to get up.....I tell him straight away I am awake and need the toilet....NOW.

Downstairs preparing my breakfast, phone rings again GGGggggggrrrrrrr! It's my Mum making sure I hadn't gone back to bed! Sit on the sofa and just finish my breakfast, and the phone rings again. Thankfully I didn't swear down the phone as it was Mr Bleach, SIL's Hubby.

We were invited to dinner on Sunday, I said I would check with hubby and ring them back later. All I will say is, we had to say no due to the fact hubby had already bought dinner and we had no room in the freezer. Two little princesses were reduced to tears by the fact that their mother was telling them that their Aunty and Uncle didn't want to see them! Cruel SIL!!!!

So here I am......Sunday afternoon. Hubby hasn't yet stopped working on his lap top.....Yaaaaawn. There's me telling everyone weekends are precious, time together etc etc. So much for that!

Avon tomorrow, tonnes to deliver so I may not post until Tuesday.

For now,

Love and hugs

Whisky

xxxx

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Feb 19, 2007, 3:55:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Thanks for always being so dear to me!! I'm feeling better so far. I'm anxiously awaiting your post! Hopefully I will be receiving it soon! I emailed ya as well.

Love and hugs to ya from Texas!!,

Countrygirl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home