Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pasta, Spinach and Pancakes

Yesterday at work I had my monthly review with Boss S. It, as always, went well. SHe seems really pleased with my progress, and my determination to gradually increase my hours. As from next week I will be doing two full days, and one half day. Then it's only one more step to my full working dream of three full days :)

Next week I have agreed to work Monday all day instead of Tuesday to help them out. There is loads of training going on, and it will leave them really stuck on the sales desk, so of course I obliged. They have been so good to me, I am willing to repay it with compromise :)

It started off slow, then geared up a bit. It seemed to be dragging then before I knew it, it was time to leave. I headed for my journey to French Friends house, confident of the way as hubby had talked me through the directions.

But......this is me, the woman who can't get from A to B unless she has had a test run. So, onto the never ending ring road, missed the turn off I needed, but didn't realise until three junctions later! Found an island, turned round, and was straight to her house :)

It was good to see her, and of course doggy Sammy :) She cooked me a gorgeous dinner of walnut and gorganzola pasta parcels with spinach in greek yoghurt and pesto. Followed of course by pancakes!!! Scrummy and and I was completely stuffed.

We sat and chatted about work and things, and then we did some readings with my Tarot cards. I don't follow strict diagrams for laying them out in pattersn etc. I shuffle them seven times myself, pass them to whoever wants the reading, ask them to shuffle themn then split them into three piles for past present and future. They seemed to be quite accurate! I don't embellish the cards or their meanings, I simply find the card in my book and read out the meaning stated there. That way I'm not making things up, I'm being completely honest to the cards and the vibes they are getting from the other person.

We also did some question readings. Think of a question and pick on card, and the same but split the pack into three again. We both did it, and the readings, I think, were spot on! But.....the cards did tell us when it was time to stop. They always do that. They can tell when they are being overused, or being used for too accurate an answer.

I have been bidding and watching on e bay for sooooo long for some Angel cards. I recieved some the other week, but they weren't what I wanted. I found the ones I wanted and got outbid every time! Until yesterday. A last minute bid, paid straight away, and they arived this morning! They are exactly what I was drawn too, and perfect! I can't wait to read them for myself this evening after I have dlivered my Avon.

Life is so busy for me now. Compared to twelve months ago, I am a completely different person, and in a good way. I have some strength and energy, but a vitality for life I had lost somewhere in amongst my hospital stays.

Hubby came home for one night last night. He looked exhausted, he has so many long drives this week bless him. He'll be back on Friday, and I will snuggle him, and rub his brow to help him sleep. I'll miss him until then.

Just a short post today.

My SPC didn't seem to go down too well yesterday? Someone even left a comment inferring I was breaking the rules by writing like a penguin. Surely all ideas thrown into the mix are interesting, even if they are a little profound! Ok, so I didn't take a picture of myself, I can't always do that with hubby not here, it would end up being the same picture over and over. But, yes I will try harder for whatever the next challenge is. Photography isn't my strong point, but my imagination is. SO if I use my imagination around a picture it's just my way of being involved.

I'll keep trying, I'll keep thinking.

For now

Love and hugs

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Feb 23, 2007, 4:06:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

hiya, whisky! so happy to know that your monthly review went well and all's well with work. : )

what's that about your photography?...sorry, but i beg to differ. keep it up!

Gong Xi Fa Chai hugs comin' your way!!

moggie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home