Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SPC Black & White 4 - Penguin



I can live on the land, I procreate on land, lay my eggs on land, and raise my hatchlings on land. Yet, I am most at ease in the water.

On land I stumble around, my feet seem to get in my way, sometimes I lose my balance and then I end up in a heap on the floor.

From inside my enclosure I see the look of delight on the watchers faces. Adults holding children up high to catch a glimpse of me. Or children bending down low, their faces pressed to the glass leaving vapour trails from their breathing apparatus. For some strange reason they don't have flippers like me. They have these rounded things on the end of their legs. They all seem to have different colour rounded things. Some of them even totter around in a worst state than me on spiky multicolour rounded things. How strange?

They don't have wings like me? They have long protuberances with ten tiny things on the end of each one? They seem to feed themselves with these, fluff their fur, wipe their faces, scratch themselves like the monkey's, and the grossest thing ever.....the little humans even stick their protuberances up their breathing apparatus, come out with something and leave it on the glass! Now how disgusting is that? Don't these creatures have any manners?

I know my parent humans have manners. They come into our territory twice a day with a bright orange container full of.....Oh dear, I seem to be drooling at the thought of it! Full of fish. My friends, family and I go simply silly with glee. We waddle as fast as our flippers will allow, we band around our parent humans and call for food. Some of us that are able to even jump elegantly into the water and catch the fish they throw.

My favourite habit is to look as if I am going to catch it, miss it by a nanosecond, watch the fish fall to the bottom of our territorial water and gracefully glide down and pick it up. That way to me the fish seem alive as they should be.

Whenever I do this the humans, both adult and children alike seem to act like seals and bang their protuberances together to make the most awful racket! They show their teeth, at least thats what I think they are. They don't have beaks like us.

I've often wondered how these humans procreate. After all, it must be one big egg they lay to get those terrors they call Children. Speaking of which, my little ones are calling. They aren't yet black and white like me, with sleek feather which are waterproof. They are still grey and white, with fluffy feathers to keep them warm. I must save them a fish. Well I say save. I have to eat it of course and then regurgitate it to feed them with.

I wonder if that's what those mini humans do when they wipe their protuberances on the glass after sticking them up their breathing apparatus? Maybe it's excess food they don't require?

Well I for one don't fancy eating it.

I'd much rather be a penguin, so much more elegant.

I'd like to thank Aunty Whisky for translating for me. She says I may be featured on some web site called
Self Portrait Challenge? Oh I could be famous, I could be recognised around the world! Oh my flippers are itching at the thought of it, notice the extra wiggle in my rear as I walk away?

I'll hand back over to her now, as she tells me I have limited time to tell you things. Bye for now, and please don't leave behind your excess food......it's really annoying!

No I haven't flipped, I just wanted to do something completely different for this weeks SPC.

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.

Love and hugs

Whisky and Pippa the Penguin


xxxxxxxx

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Feb 20, 2007, 4:33:00 PM , Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

So...you're a penguin??

 
At Feb 21, 2007, 4:18:00 PM , Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Very creative to do your SPC on a cute little penquin. Funny how our animal friends can explain us and in some ways are like us ;)

Welcome home hubby!

HUGS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home