Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Friday, March 16, 2007

A Big Fat Zero

I got reviewed by the gals at So Many Blogs So Little Time and I got a big fat zero.

I could use excuses, like they caught me the day I had put up my Self Portrait Challenge Pictures, in a rush before work. But I won't. I've been reading their reviews since they began, and I can honestly say, they review as they see. I have a regular internet routine. Sign on, check e mails, then read my regular blogs, and then read their site. Yes, I've been checking the waiting review list to see mine creeping up the list. And yes I knew it was due for review.

Am I the sort of person to try and be something I'm not for such an occasion, no. I won't cover my ass by doing an appropriate post "just in case" they pop by. What they saw was me, my blog, as it always is. Messy, filled with random sized pictures, and random waffle from me. My template, I like it. I gues my name WhiskyMinx, indicates a whisky guzzling little devil. Yes I have a shot of whisky everynight before I go to sleep, but that's it. I adore pink and purple, and love cute things. I found a free template site, chose one I liked and adopted it.

I should've tried to draw little devil horns on the girls head.....but I don't know how to! LOL.

Anyway, I wanted to thank the Gals for their review, and comments. It was fun :) I won't be abandoning the site. I don't do the wait for the review then disappear thing. If there's one thing I am, it's loyal.

Yesterday at work was ermmmm, hectic. Busy busy with hitches that caused Supervisor S to nearly pull her hair out bless her. The Gentleman came back from his training, I nearly hugged him with joy, but I realised he might think I was crazier than he thought. Speaking of The Gentleman. I'm still waiting nervously for him to acknowledge he has read the blog, and leave me a comment. I'm scared!!!!

Home, and I settled down on the sofa to watch a dvd. My sister gave us some dvd's of my niece in her shows. I managed to watch her solo in Fame, went to watch it again last night, and the disk is dodgy! So, I settled down to watch Disco Inferno. She plays the lead lady in that as well. As it's based in the 70's she sings some songs of the era. Most of which are songs I used to sing when I was in the band! How weird it is to see my nineteen year old niece, looking uncannily like me, singing the songs I used to sing, sounding uncannily like me too!

It's like I'm recapturing my youth through her career! She has one very strong advantage over me. Her health! What she is pursuing now, I did. She will I'm sure, get a brilliant career, I tried, and failed. It's difficult to sing with a band, act in shows, and audition for things, when you never know when you might need the toilet.

Yes my band folded. My health deteriorated. I have had umpteen chances of singing with bands, or singing solo. But.....I never knew when I might end up in the hospital again, or be stuck in bed. What sort of agent would want someone like that?

I'm not jealous of her. I'm jealous of me. I still have my voice, and possibly my looks. I could still do it. But like everything else in my life, I cant commit. For Gawds sake, I can't even have my dream of a real dog due to my health. I can't have things I want due to this damned disease. That's my only criticism of it right now. I'm in remission, I can work. I love it. Can I do much else, can I boomerangs.

Oh no, Whisky is going off on a rant.

Time to go watch some more pre recorded Supernatural.

Hugs and love

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Mar 20, 2007, 8:32:00 AM , Blogger moggie said...

this blog rates a 10 in my world.

hugs, hugs...and then some!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home