Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Cha Cha Cha Changes....

As I mentioned before, my days at work have been swapped this week due to training, and extra cover needed for that. Maybe it was an omen. Maybe I was meant to be in work on Monday?

I arrived early, as always, and was setting up my desk, turning pc on etc. A member of our team arrives for work, is called straight in to see Boss S, and only comes back to clear out her desk, collect her belongings, and leave without saying goodbye. It was confirmed by supervisor S, that she had left. It's strange, but none of us were shocked. Things have happened in the past, which I knew little about, but brought forward the idea in my mind, that she wouldn't stay for long.

K on the sales desk immediately said "and then there were three". Another chapter closed, one person down. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worst. We won't know for definate for a while, but I know what my feelings are.

So, training and meetings commenced, and J and I did our best during what turned out to be a very busy morning. Everytime I went to input an order the phone rang, everytime I tried to resolve a query from a previous phone call it rang again. Just when I thought I had caught up, another query reared it's head. But, I loved it.

J and I get along well, he helps me a lot, and I do my best to help him where I can. Strange how my first instincts about him were completely wrong, and for once I had worked up the courage to talk to someone about how things were. I had never done that before, ever. I did it, we were both thinking the wrong thing, and we started again. I'm glad we did. He is an excellent work colleague. He works hard, but at the same time puts people at their ease, and makes them laugh. If ever you read this J, I'm sory for my initial response to you, and I hope you have forgiven me. Im so glad I was wrong!

A brief lunch break, where I rang my Mum to tell her what had happened. Back in, and into training. Yet another person who thought I was new to the company! But, I developed my knowledge further, and got full marks on the questionnaire at the end. WTG Whisky!

Back to work for half an hour and then home.

Milky coffee, and a phone call from hubby. I told him details of the day, and as always put my foot in it. I told him how I missed him. How my first half an hour at work is always spent feeling low, as I know I won't see him for days. I then tried to make it sound right. I dont want him to feel guilty for working away. I just wanted him to know I miss him when he isn't here.

Phone down, and I got cosy for some good tv programmes, Prison Break being one of them. It amazes me how many twists and turns there are in that programme. I no longer just sit and drool over the lead man Wentworth Miller, but sit and try and work out how they will get out of their current situation. And my guesses are normally wrong!

Up to bed at 1am, alarm clock set for eleven thirty. I hit snooze once, then turned the alarm off. Big mistake. Yet another long sleep, too long, most of the day gone. Another 15 hours gone in dreamland.

It's really the only downside of my disease right now. I feel well, so far I am coping well at work with the hours, and the gradual increase. When I am home I am doing more, washing and tidying up. Which previously I couldn't manage even before I returned to work.

My mind is yet again trying to tell me I am 100 per cent. My body holds up during the day. Letting me work, run around the office, tootle around at home, do my avon. But then, if I let it, it will shut down for fifteen or sixteen hours at a time. Is it healing itself even further? Is it recouperating from what I am putting it through,is it telling me I need to do less? Or is it just shouting at me to remind me I never will be one hundred percent.

Maybe I should listen to my body, or my mind more. Right now I'm confused. It's letting me do what I want to do with no "messages". Then just when I think everything is fine, it makes me sleep for fifteen hours.....and still feel as if I could sleep more?

Darned Crohn's. I would say I won't let it defeat me......but I have to. I have to meet it half way. Do what I can, and let my body recover itself in it's own way. If that means sleeping in, to hell with it. At least it means that I can function (hopefully) for the rest of the week. Especially with a big weekend coming up.

A test drive in a car, a birthday, a dinner with my parents on Sunday. Hopefully and ice skating session, with me hopefully not falling over. I need to conquer my fear of landing on my butt guys!

So. It's all change at work. A new member will be brought into the fold. No doubt that Boss S, and SUpervisor S will choose someone who fits in. Someone who works hard, but at the same time can laugh with us, and make us laugh. Fingers crossed.

For now,

Hugs and love

Whisky

xxxxx

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Feb 28, 2007, 7:34:00 PM , Blogger Catnip And Tails Rescue said...

Whisky love.

If you want help with the sidebar thing zap me an e-mail and I'll do the whole thing for ya. :) Because you are wonderful.

 
At Mar 1, 2007, 12:41:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

tfsvxatghi, whisky!

glad i read this post when i did. been feeling a little down myself lately...health wise. found out recently (after an x-ray and mri), that i hv a problem with my 5th, 6th and 7th cervical vertebrae. this leaves my neck, right shoulder and arm in a lot of pain. (funny, innit...mogwai suffered from spinal spondylosis!) the worse part was finding out that it effects my gym routine and photography. tsk! knowing this, i still push myself and suffer even more after. sometimes, i guess the best thing to do IS listen to our bodies. take it easy and hang in there. i feel for you. still and always will be in my thoughts and prayers. ; )

a thousand hugs!!!

moggie

 
At Mar 1, 2007, 12:43:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

oops! how i accidently typed in the word verification instead of "hello", i have no idea ! haha...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home