Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mundanity?

Is that a word? I need to check that.

What I mean is, I feel as if recently, my posts have been sticking to just a few things. Work, milky coffee, sleep patterns, missing hubby, and more sleep.

I need to find a way to spice things up a bit! But....when I think about it, after being off work ill with my Crohn's for well over two years, it's still quite a novelty for me to be at work :)

I'm sat here now, the sky is bright blue, the sun is shining, and I think it's the worlds way of telling me to lighten up a bit after the last weeks happenings. Needless to say people will never be forgotten, but they wouldn't want for me to mourn endlessly either.

As I mentioned yesterday, I pick up my new car on Saturday, and it will be called Dot. Why? Well, it's due to the "Stupid Dogbot" Ford Fiesta adverts we get over here in the UK. A robotic supposedly superior dog, keeps doing really stupid things. Like jumping and biting the moon, and headbutting a gramophone. Whilst the Fiesta in the background is more intelligent than the robot, and can turn it's lights on itself, and supposedly make it's own phonecalls?

Anyway, when we went to the garage for the test drive of my new but second hand KA, all around the showroom were these Dogbot things. The best way to describe them is stickers, with a spring coming our of them, and then the dogbot on the top. Once the deal was done and we had signed for my car, I immediately asked if I could have a dogbot as well!

The salesman looked at me in a strange way (understandable), and asked me to choose which one I wanted. I showed him, and he promptly peeled it off the car it was on to put in my car ready for Saturday. Therefore, shortening the dogbot name you get Dot!

I love adverts, I adore the Tunes advert with the robin sneezing and falling off his branch, and the Lenor adverts with the little fairy sneezing. The new Budweiser advert has me in stitches everytime. The one with the rubber floors! If you haven't seen it I won't spoil it, but, watch it right to the end otherwise you'll miss the punchline!

With the terrestrial tv how it is at the moment, sometimes the adverts are better than the programmes!

Thankfully in the living room we have Virgin cable, so I can tune in to the Sci Fi channel for Heroes, and ITV2 for Supernatural. Jensen Ackles is such a dish!!

Hubby bought me the dvd of Saw 111 (3) for my birthday. I still have to work up the confidence to take it out of it's wrapper and put it in the dvd player. But I just love those films! I don't think 2 was quite as good as 1, the twists in 1 were amazing. But after hearing that people were literally throwing up in the aisles watching 3 I'm keen to see what effect it has on me. The only decision now, do I watch it while hubby is away? Or make sure it's a night he is home?

The sun is shining, it's a brand new day. Maybe things are turning round for the better in this little world of mine?

Love and hugs

Whisky

xxxxxx

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home