Whisky and Coke

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Daily ramblings of a dippy female....smile for me and I'll smile back.....love me and I'll love you back....make time for me and I'll make time for you. xxxxx

Sunday, April 01, 2007

So Suite!

Well, we are back from out overnight stop in France. We had a lovely journey over, me dozing in the car while hubby drove, lunch on the Eurotunnel and straight over to Belgium for our ermmmmmm supplies of cigarettes. Back into France and straight to our hotel. The Suite Hotel.

I knew as soon as we walked into the hotel it would be nice. The reception was filled with the most amazing scent, warming and comforting. We opened the door to our room/suite and I was in hotel heaven!!

It was a huuuge room, very cleverly designed. All along the left hand, curved wall, there was, toilet room, wardrobe space, kitchenette with microwave in a sort of space style space, more cupboard space, then a pod style bathroom with walk in shower and separate bath. The bed was huuuge, then the tv could be moved wherever you wanted it (ideal for when I had my bath!), there was a sofa which converted into a sofa bed, an office chair, and a work desk that again could be wheeled wherever you wanted it. Blackout blinds to ensure complete darkness in the room, but the best thing........hubby noticed a line of "runners" along the width of the ceiling. In the tiniest of gaps he spotted something. You pulled out four long but narrow rug type things and the room was converted into two rooms!!! Wicked.

It was lovely, a nice firm but cosy bed and I instantly went for a kip while hubby started his wine shopping. He came back to wake me up, I was already up and having a bath nearly ready to go out for dinner. Over to the shopping centre's food hall, a lovely dinner later and back to our cosy sweet suite.

Up the next morning and downstairs for breakfast, a cute little hamper each filled with yogurt and jams, juice and cheeses, croissants and coffee galore we fuelled up.

We popped to the designer outlet stores and hubby yet again blew out on Lacoste shirts. (More money than sense!), and I blew out on a pair of jeans worth all of ten euro's but....they were the perfect leg length for a shorty like me :)

Back to the Eurotunnel two hours early, expecting to be stuck in the carpark until the time of our train, no, they let us on the next one! Lunch on the train again, and back into England :)

I immediately snuggled down for a snooze, I was awoken shockingly whilst driving through a tunnel with sirens blaring. Panicking that the tunnel was on fire, hubby calmly told me someone had broken down. Calm once more I settled back down....next tunnel exactly the same thing again! I gave up on sleeping.

Home after dropping off the In Laws wine, Dr Who on the TV (hubby sat beside me in case the daleks appeared) and chinese for dinner.....heaven.

I watched the adorable John Barrowman on the search for the new Joseph, Phwwwoooooarr!, then hubby went to bed, and I watche the pre recorded Charlotte Church show featuring......you guessed it Jonh Barrowman.

Have I mentioned something really exciting?????? When John had his civil ceremony in December I sent a card offering my well wishes to his agent in london, with one of my little address cards in. Last weekend I only get a signed black and white picture of the man himself!!!! Thudd.....Droool!!!

So, a lazy Sunday, a busy Monday with Avon due, and three working days this week. Oh yes, and I now have the knowledge thanks to our neighbours, that our chimney is leaning and possibly about to colapse.....with hubby away all weed will I sleep??? At least they had the decency to wait until hubby was home to tell us. J next door even mentioned she would'nt want to be told something like that while she was in the house alone, bless her, that was really kind :)

So hopefully barring any chimney collapses I will blog again soon.

If any of my fellow bloggers notice an unusual ip address visiting their blogs from my town, it's me at work. Don't worry!!

My love and hugs for all

Whisky

xxxxxxxxx

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Apr 2, 2007, 5:04:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hi Whisky!! Wow, I'd sure love to be able to visit France someday!! I hope all is well with you!!

Love, smiles, and sunshine to ya!!,

Countrygirl

XXXXXXXXX

 
At Apr 6, 2007, 3:07:00 PM , Blogger moggie said...

pictures!, pictures!....where are the pictures?

hugs! hugs! hugs!

moggie

 
At Apr 7, 2007, 6:16:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

Hey Whisky!! I'm sooo glad you have been enjoying my piccies!! The piggy one was especially for you...heehee!! ; )

I agree..pictures, pictures! ; )

Hugs and more hugs!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Countrygirl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home